Leyden kirby associates ltd - Company profile
12 May 2005, News release from Leyden Kirby Associates Ltd
History of the Practice
Leyden Kirby Associates was formed in April 1998, as a Partnership, originally to provide advice and project management in the provision of advanced process based remedial systems to contaminated land.
The Partnership was involved in Soils Washing and advanced treatment of metaliferous contamination by Specific Gravity Separation. The Practice was also engaged in the Project Management of former Coalfields Site in the Northeast of England.
In 2001 the Partners took the decision to enlarge the Practice and to manage an expansion into the full range of activities into an Environmental Consultancy.
Initially the Practice was primarily involved in the technical appraisal of environmental liabilities in relation to Land and Property, particularly;
· Environmental Liability Assessments (Phase 1 Desk Studies)
· Environmental Liability Assessments (Phase II)
· Contaminated Land Site Investigations
· Human Health Risk Assessments (CLEA)
· Remediation Design
· Remediation Programme Management
In 2001 and 2002 the Practice continued to expand and added further specialisms to the portfolio, these included a new section dealing with;
· IPPC Site Condition Reports & Permit Applications
· Environmental Management Systems
Formation of Limited Company
In the Summer of 2003 the founding Partners took the decision to dissolve the Partnership and convert the business into a Limited Company. Leyden Kirby Associates Ltd was incorporated in June 2003 and commenced trading in October 2003. The business activities of the Company were expanded to encompass;
· Asbestos Surveys
· Japanese Knotweed Control and Eradication
· Utility Appraisal and Accreditation
Company Board and Management
The company is managed by three Directors;
· Patrick Leyden [Managing] was a company director for a manufacturing company involved in the production of generators, including the generation of power from waste. He has experience in the instigation of development projects and the acquisition of finance to facilitate projects. He has substantial business development experience and in the establishment of partnering organisations.
· Philip Kirby [Director & Company Secretary] has been a Chief Engineer for a major local authority and an Urban Development Corporation. This was followed by a period as Technical Director for the Land Remediation Division of one of the UK's largest Consultancies. His experience has been in major urban regeneration, particularly in the conversion of contaminated land to economic reuse.
Philip is an Accredited Specialist in Land Condition (SiLC) under a registration system operated by the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment and one of the first Chartered Environmentalists in the Institution of Civil Engineers
· (Dr.) Scott Elliott [Director] is a recognised authority in contaminated land issues. He has experience in the appraisal of contaminated land sites including desk studies, site investigations and risk assessments. Scott has worked on numerous soft-end use projects. In his previous position, Scott was involved with a major Local Authority Grouping in the development of their contaminated land inspection strategies. Scott is particularly experienced in the application of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) with specific reference to contaminated land and site surveys.
The Functional Specialisms of the Practice are grouped as follows:
Specialisms in House
· Environmental Science & Environmental Geology
· Civil Engineering
· Landscape & Ecology
· Project Management & Cost Control
· Environmental Planning
· Environmental Management Systems
· Management & Logistics
· Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC)
· Local Authority Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (LA (I)PPC)
CORGI Registered Utility Inspectors on staff
Registered Specialist in Land Condition (SiLC) on staff
The Practice offers a contracting service in the Eradication of Japanese Knotweed
The Practice holds a UK and Ireland Agency for an advanced Thermal Desorption System for the treatment of soils contaminated with volatile organic compounds.
· Local Authorities & Authority Groupings
· Governmental Agencies
· Developers & Land Owners
· Legal & Lands Professionals
· Major Consultancies
· Educational Establishments (Lecturing)
· 6th Form Colleges, Universities and Higher Education Colleges
The Practice has been awarded a long term Service Level Agreement with a major Metropolitan Borough Council, for the management of Asbestos in publicly accessed buildings and in Utility Inspections. Additionally we are Preferred Providers for undertaking asbestos surveys and management in the Northern offices of three international Surveying Companies.
For further information please email Leyden Kirby Associates Ltd