Buxton Press go green and achieve 40% ROI
9 February 2006, News release from powerPerfector
Awards for Press Company saving carbon emissions and cutting energy costs by 13%
23rd November 2005 - Buxton Press print an impressive 41 million magazines a year! So optimising the £15 million worth of sophisticated electronic printing equipment is, along with protecting it, a very critical issue.
Kirk Galloway of Buxton Press took the visionary and prudent view of looking at the impressive results being achieved by one unique Voltage Power Optimisation (VPO) technology. They turned to powerPerfector joining a growing number of companies and councils investing in green technology which are all achieving lower carbon emissions, greater equipment security and impressive energy savings.
Buxton Press have won this years 'Print World's Environmental Printer of the Year Award.' and were runner up in 'PrintWeek's Environmental Company of the Year Awards'.
· To reduce the energy consumption and cost of electricity in their premises.
· To protect all their equipment from transients and reduce any harmonics present that will diminish power efficiency.
· A 1000kva powerPerfector unit was installed on the main incoming supply before the distribution board.
· To compare the week to week consumption of the site for 11 weeks pre and post the installation on 15/05/05, by utilizing the half hourly electricity data supplied.
· No fundamental changes in infrastructure, plant or machinery occurred in the building over this period and as the site is naturally climatically controlled normalisation of the plant operation hours were only required.
· A drop of 11.5%in kwh consumption was predicted from the 7% voltage optimisation.
· Average voltage prior to installation was 238v and is now 221v from a 7% optimisation.
· Kwh consumption fell by 14.5% after Saturday normalisation.
· It is reasonable to assume an annual saving of 13%.
· Maintenance frequency was notably less on some equipment.
· A lighting strike blew the main substation fuse but the plant suffered no ill effects.
· Annual savings of £15,000 and 123 tonnes of CO2 - Payback 30 months - ROI 40%
Buxton Press took advantage of a four year interest free loan from the Carbon Trust to pay for the installation and supply of their powerPerfector. Further testimony to the win/win of green investment.
For further information please email powerPerfector