DME is committed to uniting the know-how existing in Germany with the interests of the economy, the sciences and politics and in creating a platform for exchanging experience and for offering further education on seawater desalination.
It is our professed aim to establish DME as the central contact point for national and international inquiries on seawater desalination. In so doing, DME will improve the competitiveness of German suppliers and lay the foundations for Germany to catch up again with the leading nations on the international desalination market.
Survey of DME's activities:
* permanent exchange of experience and information on desalination for the public and for its members
* promotion of the cooperation between the economy, politics and other relevant professional associations in Germany and countries abroad
* information of the public about basic issues of desalination and their possible solutions
* promotion of training, further education and research projects
* organisation of congresses, seminars, presentations on trade fairs, delegations etc.