The Business of Climate Change in the Retail Environment
3 April 2008, News release from British Retail Consortium
Wednesday 30 April 2008, One Whitehall Place, London - The BRC has put together a comprehensive agenda to explore how retailers are reviewing their CSR strategies. Delegates will learn about innovative practices and share ideas that can help the industry achieve even more.
Make sure you don't miss this opportunity to hear a unique balance of policy updates and honest reviews of retailer's efforts to improve their impact on the environment.
With Dr Alan Knight OBE chairing the conference, the following speakers will share their experience and advice:
• Julian Walker-Palin, Head of Corporate Policy for Sustainability and Ethics, Asda
• Jane Milne, Director of Business Environment, British Retail Consortium
• Stephen Howard, Managing Director, Business In The Community
• Neil Thornton, Sustainable Consumption, Production and Waste Directorate, DEFRA
• Vivien Patterson, Environmental Manager, DSGi
• Tom Berry, Head of Retail, Business Programme, Forum For the Future
• David Harris, Manager for Responsible Investment, FTSE4Good
• Ian Brooks, UK Head of Innovation and Sustainable Computing, Hewlett-Packard
• Jenny Dawkins, Head of Corporate Responsibility research, Ipsos MORI
• Ray Baker, Director of Social Responsibility, Kingfisher
• Rowland Hill, Sustainable Development Manager, Marks & Spencer
• David McCullough, Trading Director, Oxfam
• Jat Sahota, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Sainsbury's Supermarkets
• Adam Jackson, Climate Change Director, Tesco plc
• Matt Roberts, Environmental Manager, The Body Shop
• Euan Murray, Senior Strategy Manager, The Carbon Trust
• Paul Monaghan, Head of Ethics & Sustainability, The Co-operative Group
• Jez Cutler, Environment Manager, Travis Perkins
• Professor David Grant, University of Hull Logistics Institute
• David Upton, Energy Manager, Waitrose
• Richard Swannell, Director of Market Development Organics and Retail, WRAP
For further information on the programme please visit www.brc.org.uk/events.
The conference will be followed by the BRC's Annual Parliamentary Reception on the House of Commons terrace. The evening reception is an excellent networking event that brings together retail and associate members with members of parliament that have a real interest in the sector. The Rt Hon Hilary Benn MP, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs will give this year's keynote speech. This event is by invitation only and usually only available to BRC members, however we are extending invites to all conference attendees. Click here for further information on the evening reception.
With such an impressive line up of speakers and a unique mix of policy and best practice examples, we are expecting this conference to sell out, so we recommend you book your place immediately. Tickets cost £125 + VAT for BRC Members and £175 + VAT for non-members. We are pleased to offer a 15% discounts for groups of 3 or more delegates. For further information or to book email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 020 7854 8971 or visit www.brc.org.uk/events.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities are available at this conference. For further information please contact Yolanda Stewart on 07775 654137, email@example.com.
For further information please email British Retail Consortium