Smart Sludge Dewatering
19 October 2010, News release from Stone Food Machinery Ltd
Stone Food Machinery Ltd. introduces the award winning Japanese "VOLUTE DEHYDRATOR" to the Irish Market.
Installed in 39 countries, this proven sludge dewatering technology guarantees best in class results. Most importantly, the Volute Dehydrator works at a fraction of the operational costs associated with traditional technologies such as the Belt Press or Centrifuge.
The VOLUTE Dehydrator Handles all types of sludge and slurries
Successfully installed in the agricultural, chemical, petro-chemical and waste water environments.
A recent Irish Test on DAF Sludge with 17% Dry Solids Influent came out at a DS of 58%!
- Operational cost savings due to:
- Low Power Consumption- Our test Volute uses just 0.2Kw with not more than 6kW used on the biggest Volute possible
- Low Water requirements: Water only required for rinsing while Belt Presses can use up to 8M3/hour
- Low Polymer required and more effective use of Polymer used.
- Ability to handle different concentration of dry solids without interruption: In tests suspended solids in the influent varied from 0.5% to 17%- with no interruptions to the VOLUTE.
- 24/7 Automated Operation possible with innovative Clog Free design.
- Silent operation- unlike a Centrifuge
- Simplification of the sludge handling process; The Volute Dehydrator`s innovative design means sludge can be taken directly from the line without storing or pre-thickening.
- Ability to remove these steps means you minimise capital costs and reduce anaerobic activity giving a Dry Cake with minimal Odour.
- Ease of Maintenance - 5 minutes/day simple machine maintenance normally completed by your regular maintenance people.
- Small Footprint - can be offered also as a Mobile solution
The introduction of the VOLUTE Dehydrator is a logical extension to the existing suite of services offered by Stone Food Machinery Ltd to the Industrial and Waste Water Treatment markets.
Current offerings include MEVA Municipal & Industrial effluent Screens from Sweden, Screw Wash Press, Ram Press & Spiral Presses as well as the unique CPS system that can produce Screenings with ca 60% Dry Solids together with the Penstock.De family of gates, actuators and scrapers.
If you would like to organise a Test of your Sludge on your site, please call:
+35353 9147800 / +35386 3836600
Val W Stone
The mobile VOLUTE dewatering unit (below) is also available commercially for once off sludge dewatering.
For further information please email Stone Food Machinery Ltd