SANDSEP - Separates grit and other heavy particles
The SANDSEP® is a highly efficient unit designed to separate grit and other pollutants from process and effluent streams.
The design of the inlet section reduces turbulence to a minimum and creates an optimum flow pattern for efficient settling.
The solids settle in the bottom of the classifier which contains a spiral. The spiral transports the sediment slowly (speeds are kept to around 5rpm to minimise turbulence) to an inclined or vertical conveyor which then discharges the grit.
Features and benefits
- Spiral conveying = no build up will ever occur and no intermediate or end bearings under water
- Compact, robust design
- Low speed = long life expectancy
- Low energy consumption = cost savings
- Compact, robust design = low maintenance
- Virtually maintenance free