WPL Robust Aerobic Digestion System (RADS)
Sludge storage and reduction. Analysis of data collected from existing installations has shown that installing WPL RADS reduces de-sludge frequencies by up to 4 times. WPLs RADS is a highly effective and cost efficient sludge treatment system that significantly reduces sludge output from any sewage treatment plant.
Significantly Reducing costs - Animal Re-homing Centres
Animal waste in the UK is categorised as controlled waste. Due to WPL’s unique robust aerobic digestion system (RADS), a significant cost saving is being made in de-sludging by increasing tankering intervals. Reducing the frequency of de-sludging also means the initial cost outlay of the RADS is recuperated quickly with cost savings continuing for the whole operational life of the plant (up to 25 years based on asset life expectancy).
The WPL RAD’s can be part of the initial design or added to an existing treatment plants, or septic tanks for the treatment of domestic, commercial sewage or industrial wastewater.
The WPL RADS can be retrofitted to existing treatment plants, septic tanks or incorporated into the design of a new packaged wastewater treatment system.
The WPL and RADS have been successfully installed at many animal centres such as kennels, catteries and equestrian centres. Midi
The WPL RADs can be part of the initial design or added to an existing plant for the treatment of domestic, commercial sewage or industrial wastewater
Why choose WPL RADS?
Up to 4 times de-sludge intervals
- Reduces tankering costs and frequency without placing significant biological or hydraulic load on the rest of the plant
- Less tankering due to de-sludge intervals means fewer vehicle emissions in to the environment
- Reducing costs enforced by the Landfill Directive and ADAS safe sludge matrix
- Utilising aerobic treatment, the RADS incorporates the unique principles of the successful WPL Diamond sewage treatment plant and offers extended de-sludge intervals.
- No internal mechanical moving parts. Its shape and internal configuration ensure complete tank mixing and optimum treatment.
- Reliable side channel blowers requiring the minimal maintenance
- Quick release Bauer connector for de-sludging
Minimal impact on the plant
- From return liquors during times of high Mixed Liquor Suspended Solids (MLSS) load within rhw RAD reactor
- Integrated aerobic rector and clarifier
- Minimal impact on the plant from return liquors during times of high Mixed
- Liquor Suspended Solids (MLSS) load within the RAD reactor
- Sludge is stored without septicity
Long life tank
- WPL RAD's manufactured in GRP with a life expectancy of 25 years.
WPL offers a complete treatment solution for industrial waste producers, comprising bespoke plant to meet the tightest of Environment Agency specifications.
Want to know how the WPL RADs work, download technical information, brochures or case studies. Visit WPL RADs
News and Case Studies
WPL RAD's Case Study: Dogs put trust in onsite sewage treatmentOne of the obvious challenges of running Dogs Trust rehoming centres is the need to dispose of a significant quantity of hazardous waste. All locations not connected to mains drainage have to be served by reliable on site treatment systems and on completion of the latest installation at Salisbury a total of five WPL systems will be in operation around the UK. Read more