How to increase sales through technology
German fault-finding firm SebaKMT has increased its turnover by 10% in five years. It puts its success down to innovation - and technological leadership.SebaKMT develops and manufactures test equipment and complete systems to
diagnose and locate faults in power and communication networks as well as detect leaks in water distribution networks and inspection of wastewater systems.
It also has CCTV inspection cameras for pipe inspection.
Equipment covers correlators, radio loggers, and water-measuring scales with flow meters.
The German company, through international subsidiaries and agencies, supplies products to more than 130 countries. It has about 500 staff, half of which are employed at the Seba Dynatronic and the Hagenuk KMT Kabelmesstechnik sites in Germany where fault location equipment and systems are developed, produced and sold worldwide.
The SebaKMT has seen its turnover grow by 10% a year over the past five years. It puts its success down to being innovative. The company's primary goal is to maintain technological leadership.
Research and development plays an important role in the group maintaining a presence in all the markets it covers. It also collaborates with universities and colleges on ideas for new developments.
The company uses the latest and highest precision digital electronics in its measuring equipment.
To endorse its innovative tendency, SebaKMT's offerings within its product portfolio include:
- The Correlux P-1, a modern and precise correlator. The use of the equipment is self- explanatory so little or no training is necessary. Via the integrated monitoring function, only two actions are needed to turn it into a ground microphone for confirming leak measurements. The correlator has a battery life of more than 18 hours, and can be recharged via a single charger in three hours.
- The Correlux P-200 is a laptop correlator. An automatic filter analysis carries out the measuring and automatically indicates the best measurement at the end. A 2D/3D correlation checks whether a sound was constant for a certain period of time. This function provides reliability and certainty when locating leaks, the company says. Information, such as correlation curves, signal strength and coherence, is clearly displayed on an up-to-date interface based on Windows.
- The HL5000. The newest digital technology reduces the influence of extraneous noises even more and enables the user to find even the smallest leaks under the most difficult conditions. It features a new and smaller housing; and is lighter and more manageable. Featuring SebaKMT's Dual Segment Analysis, leaks cannot only be heard but can also be seen, improving the precision of leak location.
- SebaKMT's pressure and data loggers Sebalog P and Sebalog D simultaneously record data from up to three digital and up to four analogue sensors. Sensors such as pressure, flow, fill level but also door opening and other sensors are easy to connect. Data can be viewed on the spot via the integrated LCD display, and is transferred via the modern GPRS mobile wireless network or via a PC cable.
- The electronic leak location unit HL5 and its various adapters serve to pre-locate leaks on valves, hydrants and connections to buildings while also operating as a simple ground microphone to pinpoint the location of the leak. The latest electronics offers high sound quality, high sensitivity and thus reliable and quick leak location.
© Faversham House Group Ltd 2008. edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.