Manufacturers of Oil Absorbents
Global spill management solutions
Patent pending no. ZA2005/02844 (PCT, International Patent Application)
SunsorbTM products have been developed over many years of research. SunsorbTM differs from other commercially available products in that it is manufactured from processed sunflower husks – a by-product of the food industry. SunsorbTM utilizes this natural by-product to create a cost-effective and highly efficient hydrocarbon absorbent.
Using a world-wide patent pending process SunsorbTM maximizes the natural abilities of sunflower husks making them oleophilic and hydrophobic. Once in contact with a hydrocarbon, SunsorbTM adsorbs the substance, locking it inside its own cell structure as opposed to the hydrocarbons adhering to its outer layer, thereby minimizing leaching.
Suitable for use on both land and water, SunsorbTM is environmentally safe, natural and biodegradable. It is non-toxic thereby preventing further damage to the environment after disposal. SunsorbTM is packaged to industry standard norms and can be easily integrated into any company’s existing spill management programme.
• Recycles sunflower husks – a natural waste product of the sunflower industry.
• Convenient and efficient to use.
• Safely incinerated, SunsorbTM produces only a small quantity of ash residue.
• Naturally biodegradable, SunsorbTM can be safely disposed of in landfill sites.
• SunsorbTM has been lab tested and proven to be ideal for the adsorption of hydrocarbons on both land and water.
• Non leaching.
Essential absorbent products for:
• Ports, Harbours and Marinas.
• Spill responders.
• Service stations.
• Fire and police departments.
Mr Steve Topp
69 - 3rd Avenue Claremont Cape Town