FREE Webinar: Supporting Electric Vehicle Infrastructure to Meet UK Low Carbon Goals
On 22 January 2019, Powerstar is hosting a free online energy webinar to provide insights into the current barriers restricting the wider adoption of electric vehicles (EV) in the UK, and how leading-edge technologies, such as energy storage, can support the energy infrastructure in order to enable further EV market share growth and assist in achieving decarbonisation efforts.
About the Webinar
Pressure continues to rise within the UK, and internationally, to move towards a greater reliance on EVs in order to drastically reduce carbon emissions in the face of critical climate change warnings. This, along with further Governmental pressures like the ‘Road to Zero’ strategy, are causing investments into EVs to rise significantly, with the global stock of EV’s rising to over 3 million last year – a huge leap from 14,260 in 2010.
Such huge growth in the investment into EV’s will require significant infrastructure upgrades in the UK to cope with the additional demand on the electricity network.
The reality of a connected, intelligent EV charging solution which can be powered off-grid as part of an energy storage solution continues to be an area of much discussion when it comes to the adoption of EV’s in the UK. This is particularly relevant as cleaner energy sources, such as solar PV and wind, continue to become a larger share of the energy mix. It is important that this green generation is maximised, and energy storage can be utilised to capture renewable energy to be used when most advantageous, including for EV charging.
The webinar will highlight how quickly the growth of EV’s in the UK has occurred and how this growth is projected to continue, including the investment from UK businesses looking to electrify their fleet and the solutions available to support that transition.
Join Powerstar on Tuesday, 22 January to explore the UK’s EV market with energy industry experts.
Date: Tuesday, 22 January 2019
Time: 10:00 – 11:00am
Why it Shouldn’t be Missed
By joining this free webinar, guests will:
- Explore the current limitations of the energy network and how it is restricting the adoption of EV’s
- Understand the common barriers to the greater adoption of EV’s in the UK
- Discuss the future of the UK’s energy grid in a low-carbon economy
- Discover the latest technologies that can provide a viable solution to the UK’s EV infrastructure
- Learn about the Government’s ‘Road to Zero’ strategy and other Governmental pressures surrounding the wide-spread adoption of EV’s
- Understand the options available to businesses looking to utilise an EV fleet
For more information or to register for the webinar, visit the event booking page by clicking here.