Acer Ecology is an independent wildlife and protected species consultancy providing a full range of ecological services from scoping and protected species survey through to impact assessment, mitigation design, implementation and monitoring. All specialisms are covered including bats, birds, great crested newts, dormouse, reptiles, water voles, badgers and invertebrates.
Acer Ecology undertake projects all over the UK, although the core area for business is south and west Wales (Blaenau Gwent, Brecon Beacons, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthen, Ceredigion, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan) and the border regions of England (Herefordshire, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Shropshire).
e range of ecological services provided includes:
- Phase 1 habitat surveys
- Acting as Suitably Qualified Ecologists (SQE) in CSH and BREEAM Ecology Assessments
- Protected species surveys (plants, bats, badgers, great crested newt, otter, water vole, birds, reptiles, invertebrates, white-clawed crayfish etc.) and licence applications
- Specialist vegetation surveys
- Ecological Impact Assessments(EcIA)
- Habitat creation and management plans
- GIS capabilities
- On-site works including ecological clerk of works, species translocation, watching briefs, supervision of contractors and tool box talks.
Contact Mr Paul Hudson
16 Wordsworth Avenue
Vale of Glamorgan