Fill media for bio-filters
ECO-TRICK is an advanced orderly fill media developed and tested to design modern medium-high trickling filters for biodegradable domestic and industrial sewage. Diary plants, meat processing facilities, fruit processing installation, breweries, intensive breeding etc
ECO-TRICK is deployed in:
• SINGLE-STAGE trickling filters (sewage with BOD lower than 400 mg/L after decantation).
• DOUBLE-STAGE trickling filters (sewage with BOD higher than 400 mg/L after decantation).
• DOUBLE-STAGE Systems (heavily loaded sewage treated by degreaser percolator and active sludge).
• Enhancement of existing installations, as adjunct until or as a substitute of a traditional system.
ADVANTAGES OF ECO-TRICK
ECO-TRICK's strength compared to lose fill media lies in its orderly geometry with wide and regular ducts which avoids clogging of the filter-bed and ensures:
• Percolation of sewage subject to fine grilling (solid matter in grilled sewage shall be equal to or
lower than 4 to 6 mm. Primary decantaion is always advised in these cases.
• The direct recycling of the effluent from the percolator permits simple installation.
• Other general advantages of ECOPLAST's fill media are:
High specific surface which delivers high BOD removal yield even in case of high organic loads.
• Lower energetic costs compared to active sludge systems.
• Simple management and high-load resistance over longer periods of inactivity.
• Lightness which allows installation of more simple and less costly percolators compared
to traditional ones.
ECO-TRICK: BOD removal efficiency (for urban sewage only)
ECO-TRICK's removal efficiency is directly linked to the applied organic load.