Sustainable Building Futures - Coventry University
9 April 2015, News release from Sustainable Building Futures - Coventry University
The project offers the following services fully funded by Coventry University and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
SMEs will be able to:
- grow and expand your business through dedicated business support;
- access specialist support on the use of new sustainable and green building technologies to move into new markets and increase market share;
- access state-of-the art equipment; supported by dedicated technical staff to help win contracts that otherwise would have gone outside the region;
- access development, testing and demonstration of existing commercial products, software/control systems and best practice to increase capability of working on larger scale infrastructure projects (public/private sector);
- access development and testing of next generation environmental technology products, materials and services (in both real and simulated environments).
In addition the support provided can be a combination of the above and one to one business support, which can range from specialist advice on, but not limited to:
- research and development;
- concept development;
- marketing strategies;
- developing business plans for new products or markets;
- market research;
- prototype development.
The intervention by the SBF project benefited my business by enabling the practice to compete with other architects in applying for major development projects. The potential increase in project efficiency and staff personnel should result in an increase in turnover of at least 30% (£25–35,000), enabling me to employ another member of staff.
Roger Davis, Chartered Architect