PROPELAIR HIGH-PERFORMANCE TOILET
The Propelair 1.5 litre flush toilet has been designed to save water and energy while lowering bills to reduce a building's operational costs. The Propelair system offers a number of benefits, and outperforms traditional low flush toilets in several areas:
- Uses 84% less water on average: Propelair operates using just 1.5 litres of water per flush compared to the UK’s 9-litre average flush volume. Even with traditional low-flush models, average flush volumes can be significantly higher than their cistern capacity due to leakages and filling while still flushing, but with Propelair water is delivered through a siphon for a leak-proof operation.
- Powerful and consistent single air flush: outperforms existing low flush models, eliminating the need for double flushing to remove waste.
- Reduces water bills by up to 60%: toilet flushing can account for up to 90% of all water consumption in commercial buildings, so by reducing the amount of water used per flush organisations will see a significant reduction in water bills, with payback typically achieved in 1 - 3 years.
- Reduces WC carbon footprint by 80% on average: Propelair’s water-saving technology has wider environmental benefits – less energy is required for water and waste processing, so the toilet’s carbon footprint is reduced by 80% on average.
- Improves hygiene: Propelair is one of the most hygienic systems available, creating a cleaner toilet environment for building users. Flushing a conventional toilet creates a ‘sneeze effect’, spraying bacteria, viruses and moisture into the air. These airborne aerosols can travel up to eight feet away, contaminating washroom surfaces and getting drawn into ventilation systems to travel around the building. With Propelair, this unhygienic ‘sneeze effect’ is avoided: germs are trapped inside Propelair’s unique closable lid then efficiently removed with its powerful air flush, reducing airborne aerosols by 95% and removing 99.9% of waterborne contaminants.
- Connects to existing drains: unlike aeroplane toilets, which require a central vacuum drainage system to be fitted to suck waste out of toilets, Propelair connects to existing drains for easy installation. This makes is suitable for retrofit and refurbishment applications as well as new builds. Propelair also connects onto 2 inch/ 50mm small bore flexible pipes, which the air flush can push the waste through without a gradient, unlike conventional toilets which require a fall in the plumbing network.
- Maintenance-free: Propelair has been independently tested by WRAS to 200,000 cycles – equivalent to 27 flushes a day over 20 years – and is designed to be maintenance-free for the life of the product.
- Environmental regulations: Propelair reaches the highest performance rating under BREEAM’s water efficiency guidelines. It also exceeds environmental planning legislation such as Part G of the Building Regulations and Code for Sustainable Homes. The toilets provide a huge opportunity for commercial property owners, who are under increased regulatory pressure to lower their carbon footprint.