Free IES Webinar: The Rise of ESG in the Property Investment Management Process Challenges and Opportunities
Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) is moving up the agenda very quickly. It has gone from niche and narrow, to a necessary part of institutional investing and asset management in a short couple of years. Join IES alongside Sarah Ratcliff CEO of BBP and Farnam Bigdeli Head of ESG Solutions EMEA at HSBC on Thursday, 25th March 2:00PM – 3:00PM (GMT) to discover the challenges and opportunities presented by this change.
The real estate sector has been subject to an evolving wave of new legislation as the Government continues to respond to ESG-related issues, including the recent report by the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures’ (TCFD).
On the other hand, digitisation of the construction industry enables commonality across some ESG KPIs and is helping real estate professionals get to grips with built environment data in order to ensure delivery of safe, efficient, healthy buildings to work, rest and play in.
What will be covered?
- The importance of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) benchmarks in real estate investment from a financial point of view.
- The challenges and opportunities of integrating ESG into the property investment management process.
- How the Real Estate industry is responding with training and upskilling focused on integrating ESG into the property investment management process.
- Understanding of the principles, disciplines and tools required to develop ESG strategies and solutions for Real Estate portfolios and assets.
- A look at some of the climate change commitments leaders in the industry have published. And the challenges they are facing in the sector.
- How the use of digital twins enables some ESG KPIs to be tracked on route to Net Zero Carbon.
CEO, Better Building Partnership
Sarah has over 15 years experience advising many of the UK’s leading property investors and developers on sustainability issues. As a founding Director of Upstream (acquired by JLL in 2007), she was instrumental in establishing some of the earliest sector sustainability benchmarks including the Property Environment Group, NextGeneration and The Third Dimension. As a European Director at JLL Sarah was responsible for leading the firm’s sustainability consultancy in UK and Europe and sat on the Global Sustainability Board. In addition to various independent consultancy projects, Sarah is now a Board Director of the Sustainable Development Foundation.
Managing Director, Head of ESG Solutions EMEA at HSBC
Farnam advises HSBC’s capital market clients across all sectors on sustainable finance and ESG considerations. She also sits on HSBC’s Green Bond and Loan Committee, and acts as HSBC’s representative to the ICMA Green Bond Principles Executive Committee. Farnam joined HSBC in 2017 after completing her MBA at the Said Business School at the University of Oxford. Prior to that, she was with leading ESG ratings firm Sustainalytics, where she developed its second opinion services for green/social/sustainability bonds.
ICL Partner Business Manager for IES
Over the last twelve years, Sadaf has consulted on a wide range of real estate and energy projects in award-winning design consultancies and technology companies. Using IES' unique integration of digitised physics, AI and machine learning, she has helped decision makers create a digital twin to track ESG KPIs across portfolios and also to analyse all the various decarbonisation options, identify and weigh up the risks and potential and monitor progress towards net-zero targets over time.