22nd European Biosolids and Organic Resources Conference - Call for Papers
Aqua Enviro are inviting abstracts for the European Biosolids and Organic Resources Conference at the Royal Armouries in Leeds on the 20-21st November 2017.
Now in its third decade, the Biosolids conference gives an essential annual update on: legislatory changes; new technologies; best practice and site-experiences with existing technologies and an insight into relevant research in the science and engineering of biosolids and organic resources.
This is a great opportunity to present your work at the “best technical sludge event in Europe”. Papers on any topic associated with the production and use of biosolids and organic resources will be considered; the general themes of the conference will be:
•AD pre-treatment (THP, enzymic hydrolysis, shearing, steam explosion)
• AD efficiency
• Beyond CHP – maximising energy production
• Thickening and dewatering
• Odour management
• Nutrient recovery (high strength liquids, digestate treatment and ashes)
• Landbank challenges and opportunities
• Alternative uses: thermal processes and biorefining
• Product quality – emerging contaminants, bacterial loading, microplastics
• Advances in analytical and monitoring methods and approaches
• Water 2020: future strategy
New this year is the launch of the Biosolids Student and Young Professionals Poster Award. Entry is open to students and young professionals under 35 working in the industry.
If you would like to present a paper or poster please email a 150-word abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th May.
For further details please visit www.european-biosolids.com