ESOS Phase 2 – act now
ESOS is a mandatory compliance scheme in the UK requiring large organisations to conduct regular energy audits that will highlight energy savings. It's also a great opportunity to continually improve your energy efficiency. Audits must cover 90% of organisational energy use and need sign-off from a qualified Lead Assessor. ESOS Phase 2 is now here and the deadline is 5 December 2019.
Fines for non-compliance are administered on a case by case basis but can include:
- An immediate £50,000 fine
- £500 per day for up to 80 workings days
In total our ESOS Phase 1 clients have avoided £2,600,000 in penalties.
Seize your opportunity
ESOS isn’t simply tick-box exercise. It’s a real chance to improve the energy efficiency of your business and make significant cost savings.
We helped over 280 clients with their ESOS Phase 1 journey. Our compliance service identified 2,300,000m tonnes worth of CO2 savings – the equivalent of 1,138 Wembley Stadiums full of carbon!
We’ve found the most common areas for energy saving recommendations are:
- Lighting (24%)
- Air Conditioning & boilers (10%)
- Energy Management (14%)
Why start Phase 2 compliance now?
- Quality Lead Assessors are limited. There’s only one for every 10 organisations – even fewer are accredited to the most qualified bodies.
- Gain a head start against your competition. An early start means you can avoid any bottleneck in resources as the deadline approaches.
- Protect yourself. Allow plenty of time to track down and collate your data.
- Ensure compliance. Start now to make sure you’re compliant on time. 40% of organisations still weren’t compliant 4 months after the Phase 1 deadline!
- Start sooner, save sooner. You can achieve significant financial savings by improving energy efficiency. We forecast electricity prices will rise 25% by 2020. The sooner you comply, the sooner you can start implementing recommendations from your ESOS report.
Utilitywise can help you achieve ESOS Phase 2 compliance
Utilitywise is one of the UK’s leading and most innovative business energy and water consultancies. We can help you start your ESOS journey right away, whether you took part in Phase 1 or if you’re new to the scheme.
Why choose Utilitywise?
- We have a qualified in-house team that includes Lead Assessors and ISO 50001 Lead Auditors, who are members CIBSE, RPEC and the Energy Institute.
- You can spread the cost. 42% of businesses didn’t budget for ESOS Phase 1*. With Utilitywise you can spread the cost over the next few years to protect budgets for 2019.
- Compliance guaranteed. If you take our service and submit all necessary and complete data to us by 31 December 2018, we’ll guarantee your compliance.
- Realise potential savings. Following compliance we can help you implement any energy saving opportunities identified. We’ve found average saving potential of 3 times the cost of compliance for our clients.
Get started today
If you’d like to speak with Utilitywise about beginning your ESOS Phase 2 journey call 01527 511 757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Utilitywise ESOS survey of 221 major energy users, February 2016