Portfolio Energy Procurement
Our electricity Portfolio clients were over £13 million below budget from July 2014 to July 2015.
If you’re looking for the benefits of flexible energy procurement but don’t quite have the buying power, Portfolio could be for you.
The ability to buy energy flexibly has historically only been a viable option for the largest of consumers. At Utilitywise, we wanted to provide smaller clients with the same opportunity to capitalise on falling markets. With this in mind, we developed Portfolio.
A flexible energy contract enables you to take advantage of an ever-changing energy market. Our solution will give you access to a flexible deal whilst also providing the budget certainty of a fixed-price, fixed-term energy contract. It is a fully risk-managed purchasing option which benefits from group buying power, best practice Risk Management and an excellent track record.
How Utilitywise can help
Our flexible group purchasing solution gives you access to a fully-flexible contract. Unique in its approach, Portfolio allows each individual user to maintain their own strategy within the group.
We’ll support you with a dedicated Account Management team. Your Account Director has the knowledge and skills to deliver a service built around you. Committed to a small group of clients, they ensure excellent customer care and ongoing communication. Behind the scenes, your position will be monitored and managed by our Energy Risk Management team. Regular meetings are available to review your risk strategy and maintain client satisfaction.
We keep all Portfolio clients up-to-date with monthly Position Reports. The reports illustrate performance against the market and your budget, total costs and the amount of fixed and unfixed positions. They are an excellent forecasting tool that enable you to plan ahead, communicate internally and continually evaluate your position and strategy.
For public sector organisations, we have tendered and secured an OJEU-compliant framework so you can benefit from our Portfolio purchasing option too.
Why choose Utilitywise?
- Our Portfolio service has a proven track record. For our clients between July 2014 and July 2015:
- We saved £18.3m below budget on electricity – 8% below starting point*
- We traded £5.7m below budget on gas – 7% below starting point*
- Our electricity portfolio clients are collectively over £13m below budget and our gas portfolios are 17% below budget.*
- Even if your energy consumption is small, we can help you achieve the same benefits as a large energy user.
- We can ensure you keep to your own strategy whilst benefitting from group buying power so that your energy is procured in line with your own risk appetite.
- Utilitywise saves you time and resources by managing the entire process on your behalf.
- You won’t be tied to one strategy; our Portfolio gives you the flexibility to change your strategy during the contract should your business needs or risk appetite change.
* Correct as of July 2015.