Protecting your investment for a decade
Britain's most comprehensive 10-year guarantee for small wind turbines
The 10-year Performance Guarantee Programme (PGP) covers 10 years of operation and maintenance costs, including parts, labour and expenses for the best-in-class NPS 100, NPS 50 and NPS 60. This is the only such guarantee offered by a small wind turbine manufacturer in Britain.
Unlike a standard warranty or traditional service agreement, the annual cost is based on the performance of the NPS wind turbine. This is backed by an availability guarantee and performance to power curve guarantee.
During the programme NPS will be the sole service provider. This gives peace of mind that the wind turbine will produce maximum energy and return on investment while offering the lowest total cost of ownership for the turbine’s 20+ year life.
With the 10-year Performance Guarantee Programme, Northern Power Systems is financially invested in the success of its clients' wind turbine.
How it works
- Covers 10-years of operating, maintenance, and service – including parts, labour, and expenses
- Costs based on the wind turbine’s annual energy production
- Availability guarantee at 95%
- Power curve guarantee at 95%
- NPS will be the sole service provider for the 10-year duration
- Rates adjusted at specified times during programme – Years 1-2, Years 3-5, Years 6-10
- Sites must meet screening criteria to qualify for the PGP and appropriate siting (per the application requirements)
Other services in the Northern Power PGP include:
- 24x7 monitoring and reporting: Operation teams in the UK, Italy and the United States oversee the performance and operation of your wind turbine to ensure maximum availability
- Global Spares Management Program: New parts for the NPS 60 dispatched for same-day or next-day delivery
- Safeguard performance
- Achieve kow levelised cost of energy
- Maximise your cashflow and control O&M costs
- Gain access to a trusted service partner
Reinout Oussoren, Vice President Global Sales at Northern Power Systems commented, “This type of performance guarantee programme is normally only seen with utility scale projects and is the first of its kind offered for wind turbines up to 100kW in Britain.”