Yorkshire Water to install WPL HiPAF in rural village
Yorkshire Water will be installing a customised sewage treatment plant produced by WPL in the scenic, rural village of Appletreewick, in the Yorkshire Dales. The WPL HiPAF Modular packaged treatment plant will be replacing the current system.
The HiPAF modular bespoke wastewater treatment system is designed to meet site specific requirements for up to 300 population equivalent and adheres to the Yorkshire Water assets standards. The HiPAF packaged treatment plant is renowned throughout the industry for its reliability, consistently maintaining a high quality of effluent and its ease of maintenance.
WPL will always consider a site’s specific requirements before commencing the design process. Due to the aesthetics of both the village and the surroundings, minimal visual impact of the product will be required. The design of the HiPAF Modular is completely below ground, meaning that it will not impede the scenic views of the Yorkshire Dales and requires only a small excavation.
Variable flows and loads
Andrew Haywood, Utility and Industrial Sales Manager for WPL, claims “A factor that must be considered is the site’s highly variable flow rate increases due to surface water ingress. When working with utilities companies, it is never possible to keep flow rates consistent due to potential for excess of rain water, roof water and yard drainage associated with the catchment’s drains and sewers. At the Appletreewick site, the peak flow can reach levels over 20 times that of the dry weather flow.”
Flow retention within the primary, SAF (biozone) and humus tanks means that the HiPAF Modular “Off-site built” plant offered by WPL can cope with variable flows and loads, a key benefit of this particular system.
The WPL team are currently detailing the design for Appletreewick, ready for installation in January 2017
WPL HiPAF packaged sewage treatment plant key benefits:
- Only a small excavation is required due to its compact design
- Does not impede views due to the below ground installation
- Delivered with a hiab for ease of off loading allowing for a quick turnaround
- Flow balancing in the primary tank means it can cope with variable flows and loads
- The design of the sewage treatment plant has no internal mechanical or electrical moving parts therefore it requires minimal annual maintenance
- Large access lids option for easy maintenance as no need for confined entry in to the tank – the air diffuser system is easily accessible within
- WPL HiPAF Range is specifically designed to meet UK and European stringent consent standards