Accelerating the shift: New edie report explores low-carbon vehicle game-changers
With Britain's electric vehicle (EV) revolution continuing to gather pace, edie has today (18 April) launched a new insight report which investigates some of the game-changing developments which are driving green mobility.
Produced in partnership with UK Power Networks Services, the ’10 industry game-changers’ report identifies 10 of the most important low-carbon vehicle developments – from recent legislative updates and emerging mobility technologies to new EV collaborations and employee engagement opportunities.
The 13-page report, which is available to download for free, combines expert analysis with real-life case studies, industry viewpoints and key facts and stats – offering an end-to-end overview of how businesses can accelerate the shift to low-carbon vehicles.
The 10 industry game-changers explored within the report are:
1) A more enabling policy environment
2) The surge of battery innovations
3) Developments in charging infrastructure
4) Incorporating EVs into business fleets
5) Changing driver behaviour through telematics
6) Minimising energy costs through smart charging and vehicle-to-grid technology
7) Driving sustainability with driverless vehicles
8) Revolutionising business models through leasing and sharing models
9) Scaling-up solutions through partnerships and collaborations
10) Electrifying last-mile deliveries
The report concludes with an expert viewpoint written by UK Power Networks Services’ business lead for EV infrastructure, Kieran Coughlan. In the viewpoint, Coughlan explains how the shift to EVs has quickly become one of the core sustainability strategies for the majority of UK businesses.
“When working with our clients, we encourage taking a long-term approach to optimise and integrate charging infrastructure and ultimately deliver commercial, sustainability and fleet ambitions,” Coughlan states.
“With the right EV Infrastructure strategy, commercial and public sector enterprises can gain competitive advantage, lock in value and achieve their low emission transport ambitions with close to zero-marginal cost.”
© Faversham House Ltd 2022 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.