Today's most feasible form of energy
Renewable Energy can be termed as energy that is derived from natural resources as wind, rain, sunlight, geothermal heat and tides. All these sources are abundant in nature and can be naturally replenished. The sources from which renewable energy can be derived cannot be diminished from the use. This form of energy can be used widely for daily use too. It is a very useful form of energy.
It can be used as an alternative to energy generated by burning of fossil fuels like oil, coal or natural gas. The conventional fossil fuels require a lot of years to regenerate probably some millions years. Moreover, these forms of energy release a lot of carbon dioxide and smoke which is not good for the environment. So, renewable sources of energy are the best forms of energy. The most fundamental benefit of the renewable forms of energy is that while burning them, no pollutants or greenhouse gases are released into the environment. It is a very clean from of energy. This form of energy is not new at all, but it has achieved recognition much recently. These forms of energy has been recognized as the correct choice for all the developing as well as developed countries. Many countries in the world have already started making use of renewable energy sources.
Many countries are also laying stress on the usage of these forms of energy by enacting tax incentives for its use and they make available these sources at a very subsidized cost to the people. The stream of alternative energy has to deal with all the phenomena taking place naturally. All the renewable types of energy have their own distinct characteristics. All the technology used to transform renewable form of energy into power, is generated by sun directly or indirectly.
The natural sources of energy are the ones that do not eliminate. Such forms are biomass, wind, solar, hydropower and tidal. They can be used as alternative power resources.
Various forms of renewable energy are:
1. Hydropower generates energy from the water. It is used in water mills and the electricity is generated with the help of turbines. Various dams are built that act as a huge reservoirs of water and are used to supply water source for the energy generation. The water is made to fall from height and this results in the turning of turbines. Ultimately, as a result hydro electricity is generated. This type of energy is very economical and beneficial. It has an immense growth prospective in future.
2. Biomass is used to generate power from organic materials. It is one of the most traditional form of generating power. In here, wood or coal is burned to generate heat that is then used to turn water into steam, leading to the rotation of the turbine.
3. Wind power is also an ancient method that generates power by turning the wind mills. The most common usage of the wind mills can be seen in the areas of medieval Holland and England. Modern mills are developed in the areas of Denmark. The coasts of Europe are also the hub of wind mills and are used to capture the offshore wind.
4. Solar Energy is basically derived from the sun in the form of solar radiations. It is a very economical form of energy generation and is available in large amounts. Its usage can be witnessed in solar powered heat engines and photovoltaic. The most common usage of the solar energy in our daily life can be seen in solar cells, solar panels and solar heaters etc. Via solar energy, one can perform space heating and cooling with the help of solar hot water, solar architecture and daylighting etc. Solar heaters trap the energy coming from sun and then use it for cooking purposes.
5. Tidal energy is used to generate energy from the power of the tides of the oceans. This is predictable and follow cyclic pattern. This type of source of energy has been used for years and it is widely used in Northern France to grind the cereals. In Philippines, there are many installed tidal windmill farms that is of great help to all the people making use of this. The tidal windmills are capable of generating around 300 Megawatt power.