Business Leadership in the 2020s: The Climate Action Inspiration Sessions
Event Date: 19/05/2020 1:00 pm
Hosted during edie’s special Net-Zero Week of online content and events, the Business Leadership Inspiration Sessions offer up an afternoon of live, interactive webinar presentations and discussions – all dedicated to accelerating climate action in the 2020s.
This is the first of three ‘online events’ to be hosted by edie within Net-Zero Week (18-22 May) – edie’s themed week of online content and events which is inspired by our flagship exhibition, Net-Zero Live.
With the vast majority of edie’s audience now working remotely, and many placed on furlough, due to the Coronavirus outbreak – this collection of free webinars will give you the information and inspiration you need to steer your organisation to sustainability success, from the comfort of your own home.
Registrants will gain access to three live and interactive webinar sessions which are all taking place on Tuesday 19 May 2020. These sessions include a high-level panel debate (1pm–1.45pm); a selection of standout sustainable business case studies (2pm–3pm); and a 45-minute masterclass on becoming an effective sustainability leader (3.15pm–4pm).
Registrants can choose to tune into one, two or all three webinar sessions on the day – and the full collection of sessions will be made available to watch on-demand afterwards.
Full details of the three webinar sessions are as follows:
1) Mission Possible Q&A – Shaping your sustainability strategy in the 2020s
The first of our Business Leadership Inspiration Sessions, sponsored by Centrica Business Solutions, brings together a selection of revered sustainability leaders to discuss what great business looks like in the 2020s, and how you can make net-zero ‘Mission Possible’ for your business.
- Nathalie Bleach, Operations Director UK & Ireland, L’Oreal
- Ben Kellard, Director of Business Strategy, Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL)
- Andrea Barrett, Director of Responsible Business, Centrica
- Paul Clark, GM – Cloud Engineering & Supply Chain, Microsoft
- Launching edie’s Mission Possible 2020 report
- The known unknowns: Setting bold new targets for your business
- From SBTs to SDGs: Using global standards and frameworks to your advantage
- Becoming a powerful leader in the 2020s, as an individual and an organisation
2) In Action: Quick-fire case studies of sustainable business leadership
Our opening session explored the why and now we move into the how. This second Session will bring together business leaders from a variety of industries who are each in their own way championing ‘total sustainability’ through their people, products and processes.
- Mark Bird, Health, Safety & Environmental Director, Childbase Partnership
- Dr Márcia Balisciano, Global Head of Corporate Responsibility, RELX
- Matthew Rowland-Jones, Sustainability Manager, Pearson
- Allan Wickham, Head of Property & Workplace, RBS
Audience Q&A to include:
- Henry Majed, Partnerships Director, Innovation Gateway
- Decoupling business growth from environmental impact
- Building an army of changemakers in your organisation
- What great cross-sector collaboration and innovation looks like
3) 45-Minute Masterclass: How to become a highly effective sustainability leader
Our third and final Inspiration Session is all about you. This masterclass-style webinar will break down exactly what it means to be a ‘sustainability leader’, and equip you with the tools and techniques to lead a business transformation of your own.
- Kate Weinberg, Group Sustainability Director, OVO Energy
- Mike Barry, Board Trustee, A Blueprint for Better Business
- Becoming a powerful, influential leader in the 2020s
- The ever-changing skills of the sustainability professional
- Aligning purpose, culture, governance and strategy with long term success and resilience
edie’s Net-Zero Week 2020
The Climate Action Inspiration Sessions are being held during edie’s Net-Zero Week 2020 – a themed week of online content and events dedicated to supporting sustainability, energy and resource efficiency professionals on their journey to net-zero, and beyond.
The week also aims to spark new business ideas and actions through edie’s award-winning campaign, Mission Possible. Specifically, edie readers are encouraged submit new net-zero themed commitments on behalf of their organisations on the Mission Possible Pledge Wall.
The week is inspired by Net-Zero Live – edie’s flagship exhibition which is set to take place on 10-11 November at the NEC Birmingham.
Action inspires action. Stay ahead of the curve with sustainability and energy newsletters from edieSubscribe