Countdown to COP26: edie launches bumper virtual event ahead of climate talks
Registration is now open for a brand-new edie event which aims to help businesses seize the opportunity of the UN's COP26 climate summit later this year, with a stellar speaker line-up including senior representatives from BEIS, ClientEarth, Green Alliance, We Mean Business and the High-Level Champions for Climate Action.
Organised by edie’s award-winning content and events team, Countdown to COP26 will take place as a virtual gathering on Thursday 20 May 2021 – six months out from the crucial UN climate talks which are being held in Glasgow this November.
Tickets cost £99 for business leaders, professionals and individuals; and £399 for solutions providers and consultants.
The event will include high-level keynote talks about how governments and businesses can elevate their climate ambition, action and advocacy; interactive panel discussions focused on key COP26 themes across energy, transportation and land use; and unique networking opportunities allowing for new connections and collaborations to be formed in the run-up to the talks.
Launching the event, edie’s content director Luke Nicholls said: “The threats from climate change are now immediate and we must act in proportion to the magnitude of the challenge. The COP26 climate summit represents our opportunity to overcome that challenge and to lead the world into a cleaner, greener future.
“edie’s Countdown to COP26 event is about seizing that opportunity. Held six months out from the talks, this virtual gathering is a must-attend for sustainability, energy and CSR professionals – it’s a unique opportunity to be connected with key COP26 representatives and international climate experts; to discuss what it will take to ignite a decade of green industrial action.”
Acting an ideal primer for the official COP talks, Countdown to COP26 shares the overarching aim of accelerating action towards the goals of the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC).
The event is structured around the five key themes of COP26: Clean Energy, Clean Transport, Climate Resilience, Nature-Based Solutions, and Climate Finance.
Standout sessions include
- “Together for our planet: How the UK can lead the world on climate action” (keynote)
- “Ambition, action, advocacy: Seizing the business opportunity of COP26” (panel discussion)
- “Clean Energy & Transport: To net-zero and beyond” (panel discussion)
- “Nature-Based Solutions & Climate Resilience” (panel discussion)
- “Climate finance: Achieving a just transition to a net-zero carbon economy” (keynote)
- Sir Roger Gifford, Chair, Green Finance Institute
- Fiona Ball, Group Director – Bigger Picture, Sky
- Alberto Carrillo Pineda, Director – Science Based Targets, CDP
- Bridget Jackson, Business Engagement Lead, High Level Climate Champions
- Shaun Spiers, Executive Director, Green Alliance
- Charlotte Hanson, Senior Lawyer, ClientEarth
- Duncan Burt, Director for COP26, National Grid
- Sandra Rolling, Head of Transport, The Climate Group
- David Saddington, Head of International Nature Campaign COP26, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Claire O’Neill, Managing Director, Climate & Energy Senior Management Team, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Alastair Mant, Head of Business Transformation, UK Green Building Council (UKGBC)
- Sophie Punte, Managing Director – Policy, We Mean Business
Countdown to COP26 will also incorporate content inspired by edie’s own award-winning Mission Possible campaign, with an exciting evolution of the campaign set to be unveiled during the event.
The event takes place on Thursday 20 May, 8.45am-3pm (BST).
Tickets cost £99 for all business leaders, professionals and individuals; and £399 for all product/solutions providers and consultants.
For registration and general event enquiries, please contact Francesca Horney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, please contact David Griffiths (email@example.com)
🚨 Climate event announcement🚨
— edie (@edie) March 29, 2021
© Faversham House Ltd 2023 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.