Vodafone, Senior Manager Sustainability Strategy
In this role you will advance the implementing the Vodafone Sustainable Business strategy across the Group and provide authoritative advice at senior levels on the development of ethical, human rights and sustainable business policy and practice.
You will engage with various Vodafone stakeholders (internal and external) in order to improve external understanding of Vodafone's ethical principles and social transformation objectives. You will evolve and lead initiatives focused on “women’s empowerment” and “youth jobs and skills”.
You will be central to defining the ground breaking goals of the strategy, working closely with other Vodafone functions and local operating companies to define and implement the Vodafone Strategy to deliver these goals.
•You will work with the Head of Sustainable Business to invent and drive the execution of Vodafone’s sustainable business strategy. You will develop ethical policies and programmes across a range of issues (including human rights and ethical supply chain
•You will provide advice on the evolution of ethical, human rights and sustainable business policy and practice for Vodafone.
•You will lead the progress and delivery of the approach necessary to meet Vodafone’s “woman’s’ empowerment” and “youth skills and jobs” global transformation goals.
•You will collaborate with relevant partners in Group functions and with local markets to develop and implement activation programmes, and identify measurable targets to create narratives to deliver the sustainability strategy.
•You will act as an ambassador for Vodafone externally, improving the external understanding of Vodafone's ethical principles and social transformation objectives.
Skills and experience you will have:
· Confirmed change leader with a proven record of building coalitions and consensus and engaging effectively at the highest levels
· Extensive experience in a business or consultancy building and executing corporate policy and practice to address complex sustainable business issues (including human rights, ethical supply chain and environmental issues
· Positive influencer at the most senior levels within business, civil society groups and policy bodies with proven experience of leading multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver change
· An excellent verbal communicator, with the ability to engage and persuade effectively a wide range of senior partner.
· Proved project management and written communications skills.
· Degree level or equivalent with extensive and relevant expertise and experience of sustainable business issues (including human rights, ethical supply chain and environmental issues)
What is the key to our success? It's simple - our people. Across a Global footprint, we believe we're at our best when you're at yours. From our diverse workforce, our flexible working policies to our creative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It's in our hearts to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate.
We are committed to developing the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people's individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. Our excellent flexible benefits programme allows you to choose what's right for you. Our Vodafone Foundation gives the ability for our people to give something back. We embrace empowering our people to shape their world. That's what we mean when we say Power to you.
To discover more about how Vodafone Group leads the way in Diversity & Inclusion and hear our CEO Vittorio Colao talk about how they listed as one of the top 10 men fighting for gender diversity, please click here.
Email me more jobs like this