Environment Policy Adviser
CompanyEEF - the manufacturers' organisation
EEF has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Environment Policy Adviser to join our well established, well connected team in Central London.
In this role, you will be providing policy updates to some of the UK’s leading manufacturers, helping develop policy positions, and presenting these to government and other opinion formers.
EEF is the UK’s leading trade body focused on the Manufacturing and Engineering Sector. We offer a range of professional services to our members and to non-member organisations - principally regarding HR & legal, health & safety, climate & environmental advisory, training & consultancy. In our representation work we ensure that industry views remain in both the Government and media spotlight. We champion the issues that affect manufacturing businesses and celebrate the achievements of the industry.
This position provides a high level of visibility: you will be working on new environmental projects, interacting with a large number of varied organisations and will gain exposure to Government. You will work directly with senior civil servants, MP’s, trade associations and key stakeholders of well-known brands within our member companies – many of which are global blue-chip businesses.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the representation and promotion of members’ interests on environmental matters to opinion-formers, through consultation responses, direct contact and participating in committees and working groups
- Maintaining specialism in environmental development matters by monitoring developments and understanding issues relevant to the UK manufacturing sector
- Providing advice and guidance on the requirements and implications of existing and potential environmental policy measures and on best practice to regional offices and members through meetings, briefing papers, conferences and training
- Developing EEF policy on a variety of technical environmental issues
- Acting as the principal contact with government, regulators and industry
- Managing the EEF Environment Policy committee
- Writing blogs, articles and reports on environmental policy issues relevant to members
To be successful in this role, you will need to have/be:
- A degree, equivalent professional qualification or higher, in an environmental or relevant subject
- Experience of environmental issues – such as waste & resource efficiency, REACH, producer responsibility obligations, industrial emissions, etc. is essential
- Excellent knowledge of UK/EU parliamentary processes is highly preferred
- Strong influencing & lobbying skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication; including the ability to present in public and to communicate technical concepts to both expert and lay audiences
- Flexible and a team orientated approach to work
EEF require all job applicants to share our company-wide commitment to putting the Customer First.
If you are invited to an interview you will be asked to demonstrate a good understanding and to provide examples of having delivered high levels of customer service.
Key SkillsEnvironment, emissions, waste, regulations, legislation, manufacturing, policy, government, REACH
Email me more jobs like this