Operational Technical Specialist
SalarySalary £32,528 - £38,467 dependant on experience
LocationBradford, West Yorkshire
We currently have a vacancy for a Operational Technical Specialist in the Bradford
area of Westy Yorkshire to join our Waste Water Customer Field Services Team in the
Service Delivery Business Unit.
Yorkshire Water Customer Field Services is embarking on an exciting programme to transform our customers experience and to achieve Upper Quartile performance. For CFS this means being in the top 3 for the least pollutions and in the top 3 for the least internal flooding escapes in our customers’ homes. We are investing heavily to achieve our goals, simplifying our processes and our ways of working to ensure we can fix customers problems first time or at least in the same day wherever possible.
Key SkillsSalary & Benefits - Salary up to £38,467 per annum dependent on experience + attractive pension scheme + quarterly performance related pay + 25 days holiday + company vehicle/car allowance + training and development opportunities in line with the Operational Technical Specialist progression plan
This role is based in the Bradford area of West Yorkshire. You will be required to travel to different operational sites across the region therefore a full EU driving licence is required for the role.
Once fully trained in the role you will need to take part in an out of hour's standby rota, therefore flexibility is an essential requirement of this role.
What does the role involve?
The Operational Technical Specialist role is the first point of contact for all the jetting, CCTV and Vactor technicians from the wider team and provides the first line support either by phone or in person, on site. They will also assist the Operational Manager for their respective area to ensure service excellence and contribute to the delivery of our performance commitments in line with our health and safety standards.
This role will support the jetting, CCTV and Vactor technicians to fully undertake investigations on sewerage system issues in response to a flooding, pollution or customer impacting failure and to support the Field Operations team in times of high jetting job volumes and escalation by working alongside the Customer Planning & Demand to optimise resource usage and urgent work validation.
The Operational Technical Specialist will be able to understand and articulate any risks to make them visible regionally to either the Operations Manager highlighting the final solution considering the customer's needs and financial allowances.
This is a role to also coach and mentor the wider team members, inspiring the team, keeping colleagues motivated at all times and increasing trust between departments and within the team. To safely proactively and reactively investigate the sewerage network to promote and implement solutions which resolve and/or prevent a sewage escape from occurring from the waste water network and to ensure no repeats take place.
Working closely with other Yorkshire Water teams and our contracted partners on site to resolve and manage operational issues on the sewer network.
To ensure all jetting teams operate in a safe and optimal way, responding to reactive blockage reports from the sewer network and provides and delivers a high standard of customer interaction while dealing with all sewer related incidents. Support with blockage response times, in cases of high work volumes and wet weather events.
You will ensure Health and Safety working practices & procedures are complied with at all time. When making day to day business decisions you will be required to demonstrate financial awareness and provide technical support and first line response to customer contacts to ensure a fix first time resolution & ensuring that the most cost- effective resolution is promoted.
What key skills are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a customer service related role with face to face communication with customers is an essential requirement of this role.
- You will have proven ability of working under pressure in a busy environment, managing day to day reactive workloads and being able to prioritise issues and mitigate risks.
- You will be able to drive operational/business performance, through strong process understanding and experience of escalation procedures.
- You will have previous experience of incident management and asset failure recovery. The successful candidate will also demonstrate excellent analytical and fault diagnosis skills.
- You will have previous experience of Health & Safety and a strong understanding of risk assessment principles and have demonstrated this within previous roles.
- You will be able to work as part of a team, develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships as you will be dealing with a number of key stakeholder's within the Networks Services and Catchment Operational Teams to complete the required work.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong influencing, negotiation skills and show rigorous attention to detail to ensure 'right first time' performance.
- You will be proficient in the use of IT as you will be using the Microsoft suite of applications and company-based systems such as SAP, Odyssey, and applications that enable you to view Engineering/Technical drawings. Training will be provided for the company based systems.
- The successful candidate will have knowledge of the sewer network and associated assets and a basic knowledge of sewage treatment works. Although, your technical experience may lie within the wider waste water services, broader industries and utilities.
- You will have a flexible attitude to your work as you will be working a variety of rotas in the role to cover our working window. Once fully trained in the role you will need to take part in an out of hour's level two standby rota, therefore flexibility is an essential requirement of this role.
- You will also be required to travel to different operational sites across the region therefore a full EU driving licence is required for the role.
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply on-line and complete the application process and submitting your CV with a covering letter, outlining your key reasons for applying for the role.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: 8th September 2019
Interview date TBC
Company Information -
Everyone has an idea of what a water company does. Here in Yorkshire we make sure that all 5.2 million people living in the region have clean safe drinking water on tap and their waste water taken away. But for us it's so much more than this.
We care passionately about the environments and communities in which we work; we always look for new innovative ways to do things that deliver great value for our business and deliver the service our customers want and expect.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do and how we do things. We work best as a company to deliver this when we work together - team work, creativity, enthusiasm and passion are inherent within our 3000 people who work 24/7 365 days a year to keep Yorkshire's water flowing.
We are a business that has its eye on the future, planning ahead to look after Yorkshire's water, today, tomorrow and always.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
Yorkshire Water reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
Following a review of the confidentiality requirements associated with operating in the retail sector, we regret to advise that secondment or fixed term vacancies in Yorkshire Water, Loop and Kelda Group are not open to colleagues of Three Sixty. These confidentiality requirements also mean secondment or fixed term vacancies in Three Sixty are not open to colleagues of Yorkshire Water, Loop and Kelda Group.
Email me more jobs like this