And the award goes to...
The finalists of the second annual Water Industry Achievement Awards have been chosen and, judging by the success of last year's event, the awards dinner promises to be a night to remember
The winners will be named and presented with their awards at a black-tie dinner at the International Conference Centre, Birmingham, on 21 May 2008.
Created by two of the industry's leading publications - Faversham House Group's sister titles Water & Wastewater Treatment and WET News - the WIAAs recognise and reward excellence over the past 12 months in the UK water industry.
Water companies, authorities, the whole supply chain, and research establishments were invited to enter the awards and two new categories have been added for 2008.
Water Industry Achievement Awards
finalists & sponsors
PARTNERSHIP INITIATIVE OF THE YEAR
The Integrated Alliance
PEOPLE INITIATIVE OF THE YEAR
May Gurney IS
Community Campaign of the Year
Three Valleys Water
South West Water
Innovative Technology of the Year
Customer Care Initiative of the Year
Clancy Docwra/Southern Water
Health & Safety Initiative of the Year
May Gurney IS
Outstanding Individual Contribution to the Water Industry
Winner to be announced on the night
Here are the judges ...
Two panels of industry experts have chosen the winners of the WIAA 2008.
Judges for the Technological Innovation Award
- Dr Ian Pallet, technical director, British Water
- Tom Hall, senior consultant, WRc
- Professor Tom Stephenson, head of the School of Applied Sciences, Cranfield University
- Steve Kaye, manager of innovation at Anglian Water Services
- Frank Rogalla, director of the global advanced technology team at Black & Veatch
- John Aldridge, commercial director, British Water
- Barrie Clarke, director of communications, Water UK
- Darryl Newport, director of sustainability at the Graduate School, University of East London
- Nick Reeves, executive director, CIWEM
- Carol Hickman, executive director, Society of British Water and Wastewater Industries
- David Hellier, water business manager, Energy & Utility Skills.