Siltbuster's clarification range was born to be mobile
Lamella clarification of wastewater has been with us for more than 100 years - but, historically, lamella clarifiers have been expensive bespoke installations. The Siltbuster range has been specifically designed for mobility.
The company offers a range of standard off-the-shelf designs, providing settlement area of 10m2 to 50m2. Each unit comprises a steel carcass designed for lightness, but the unit is robust enough to cope with regular trips to and from the site.
Siltbuster units can be seated on a firm stone base. To cope with this, the lamella clarifier's design incorporates a flow-distribution control system, which
allows the unit to continue to operate even when not perfectly level. The systems available can be split into two categories:
- Mobile lamella clarifiers - rely on gravity separation to remove suspended solids and come in a range of sizes
- Transportable lamella DAF units - designed to remove solids, fats, oils and greases from wastewater streams using dissolved-air flotation.
- Augment existing treatment facilities during periods of abnormal loading
- Provide emergency treatment in the event of equipment failure
- Provide temporary treatment while the facility is taken off line for repair/maintenance
Stainless steel has traditionally been the client's material of choice, but in response to rising steel prices, Siltbuster has introduced units in mild steel with epoxy-glass flake interior finish.
Southern Water's compliance team recently bought 20 units to deliver improvement in final effluent quality at a number of their most overloaded works.