New online service helps US companies become environmentally friendly
A government-supported free online resource to help companies “align environmental responsibility with business success” was announced by its creators.
Bringing together information from companies, government agencies, business groups, activist groups and academic institutions, amongst others, GreenBiz.com announced its free resources on 18 July including:
- Government Gateway, featuring descriptions of more than 300 government programs that help companies improve their environmental and economic performance;
- Mentor Center, a database of more than 250 companies, agencies, and other organisations offering hands-on technical assistance on environmental issues to large and small companies;
- Business Toolbox, containing more than 100 reports, backgrounders, how-to articles, checklists, and other hands-on tools;
- Awards Directory, with detailed information on dozens of national and local award and recognition programs that honour environmental leadership companies;
- Descriptions of nearly 500 Web sites on business environmental issues;
The website has been started by Green Business Network, a non-profit organisation, and has the support of the Environmental Protection Agency. “There’s an overwhelming amount of information on business and the environment, but no easy means of accessing it — or of harnessing it to gain business value. Our goal is to make high-quality information and tools available to the broadest possible business audience,” said Green Business Network’s president, Joel Makower.
© Faversham House Ltd 2023 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.
Please login or Register to leave a comment.