edie's next masterclass: adopting Corporate Power Purchase Agreements
As Corporate Power Purchase Agreements (CPPAs) become a popular tool for businesses to meet their energy needs in a sustainable way, and with more companies moving away from fossil fuels, it is crucial to understand the process to adopt these Agreements.
Sustainability and energy professionals seeking to implement CPPAs for their organisations are now invited to take part in a free, online masterclass taking place on Thursday 5 September at 11am.
This masterclass, in association with energy company Ørsted, will enable professionals to take forward plans for CPPAs and will look at the most important parts of an Agreement, including the various issues and stakeholders that need to be involved to make them a reality.
The masterclass, which will be broadcast live and delivered by an expert on the subject from Ørsted, will ensure that sustainability and energy professionals are able to confidently develop their own programmes and plans for CPPAs, through acquiring detailed knowledge of the need-to-know, core parts of an Agreement.
The session will also include a question and answer session.
- Understanding what a CPPA is and what it means for your business
- How a business should approach a CPPA and the key stakeholders involved
- The challenges of the Agreement
- The key business benefits of a CPPA
- How to choose a partner for a CPPA and what key decisions should be taken
- A live question and answer session
- James Evison, insight editor, edie (chair)
- Representative, Ørsted