Available on demand: Energy efficiency 2.0 webinar for Net-Zero November
Shai Guness, compliance and CSR manager at Direct Line Group, spoke during an edie webinar, which will took place on Wednesday 20 November at 2pm (GMT) that outlined the role of energy efficiency in delivering net-zero.
Guness discussed Direct Line Group's seven-year energy efficiency strategy – recently shortlisted for an edie Sustainability Leaders Award – and the various challenges the firm had in scaling up its programme. It is now available to watch on demand.
For some time, energy efficiency has been seen as one of the long term ‘quick wins’ of sustainability strategies and target meeting – but it is often overlooked for more technological solutions which can be expensive, resource intensive and difficult to put in place.
But when surveyed on the most important issue for their companies, energy leaders consistently placed energy efficiency and behaviour change as one of the biggest opportunities for their job roles.
This webinar, supported by BiU, takes the sustainability professional through the best approaches to energy efficiency in the 21st century, whether that be building fabric, energy management systems, or behavioural change, hearing from experts across a variety of sectors who have implemented such schemes to drastically reduce energy use and their carbon footprint.
Delivered as part of edie’s Net Zero November programme of content, this webinar will look at how energy efficiency can be an integral part of delivering a net-zero carbon strategy, and remain a key element of sustainability programmes.
- James Evison, insight editor, edie (chair)
- Jason Thackray, head of smart Services, BiU
- Dan Hubbard, strategic account manager, BiU
- Shai Guness, compliance and CSR manager, Direct Line Group
- How businesses can scale up their energy efficiency strategies through utilising data and technology to create behaviour change and optimise building energy/heating - as well as modernise building infrastructure and fabric.
- Beyond the quick win – looking at how to place energy efficiency at the heart of carbon reduction programmes
- In practice: how businesses have applied energy efficiency strategies
The webinar is available to watch on-demand. Watch the webinar here.