30 Under 30: Nominations for rising sustainability stars to join 'Class of 2020' close this month
Ambitious young sustainability and energy professionals are encouraged to put forward a nomination for edie's 30 Under 30 – an annual networking and support programme for future business leaders to share ideas and further their careers.
The hugely popular 30 Under 30 initiative is returning for 2020 and we are now welcoming free nominations from and on behalf of talented sustainability and energy professionals – aged under 30 and based in the UK – to form our all-new ‘Class of 2020’.
Nomination deadline: Friday 31 January 2020
Thirty youthful visionaries will be selected to join the 30 Under 30 cohort for 2020, offering them an unrivalled opportunity to connect with one another, gain valuable recognition and develop their skills and knowledge throughout the year.
edie’s 30 Under 30 initiative launched in 2019 and proved to be a real success, with the Class of 2019 benefitting from individual profiles and professional headshots; a series of networking events and a full-day co-creative workshop. MEET THE CLASS OF 2019 HERE.
"The opening of nominations for our 30 Under 30 ‘Class of 2020’ comes at a critical turning point for the world of sustainable business," said edie's content director Luke Nicholls. "We must ramp up our efforts to accelerate the transition to a net-zero-carbon, circular economy – and these are the people that will be leading the charge.
“I look forward to meeting those bright, ambitious up-and-comers who will be the sustainable business leaders of tomorrow, and helping them accelerate the careers."
Nominations can be submitted via this online nomination form.
The nomination form is free to fill out and it can be submitted either by the nominee or by a colleague on the nominee’s behalf. The form simply asks entrants to state, in under 250 words, why the nominee should be included in the 30 Under 30 cohort for 2020.
The deadline for all nominations is Friday 31 January 2020.
The nominations will be reviewed by our panel of independent judges – including senior representatives from the Institute of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (ICRS) and Global Action Plan – in early February 2020. All nominees will be notified as to whether they are successful or not by the end of February, with constructive feedback given on all applications.
All nominees must be:
- A sustainability/energy/CSR/environmental professional
- Aged under 30 as of 31 December 2019
- Based in the UK and working in a full-time role
- Ideally working in an ‘in-house’ capacity within a business (as opposed to external environmental consultants and product/service providers)
- Able to attend the Class of 2020 launch event and photoshoot in central London on the evening of Thursday 26 March 2020.
- An exclusive launch party and professional photoshoot being held in central London on 26 March 2020
- A full career profile to be published online later in the year
- A series of free, informal networking events and drinks receptions arranged throughout the year
- A more formal, workshop-style event held at the end of 2020
- Exclusive access to at least one of the events that are held for edie’s Sustainability Leaders Club and Energy Leaders Club over the following 12 months – allowing the Class of 2020 to meet and network with existing business leaders
- Exclusive access to the Class of 2020 LinkedIn Group, allowing members to continue the conversation and share ideas online