Insight, inspiration and innovation continues into final day of edie Live 2018
The sustainability and energy management community descended upon the NEC Birmingham in their droves with sessions at full capacity throughout the first day of edie Live 2018 - and the action is set continue into the second and final day (23 May).
The destination event for sustainability and energy managers returns to the NEC Birmingham alongside sister show Utility Week Live on 22-23 May, with an action-packed programme dedicated to achieving a sustainable future.
Under the brand new show theme of Mission Possible, this year's event is tailor-made to help sustainability, energy and resource efficiency professionals take action across all areas of sustainable development.
Hundreds of industry experts appeared on stage for the first day of edie Live - including E.ON chief executive Michael Lewis, who appeared in a packed session in the Sustainability Keynote Theatre.
edie also published its flagship 2018 report for the Mission Possible campaign, exploring how businesses are scaling up effort and innovation across all areas of development to achieve a sustainable future.
The first day of the show also featured a fascinating discussion about driving a digitally-enabled resource revolution in the Resource Efficiency Theatre, with techUK’s head of programmes Susanne Baker noting that effective adoption of digital technologies could cut resource costs by £10bn.
More than 100 expert speakers – ranging from MPs and chief executives to sustainability directors and energy managers – will keep the discussion going. Three practical, CPD-accredited seminar theatres – based on the key industry themes of Energy Efficiency, Energy Innovation and Resource Efficiency – surround the edie Live 2018 Sustainability Keynote Stage which is aimed at the strategists who are leading their organisations' sustainability strategy.
VIDEO: #edieLive2018 Day 1 highlights
edie Live 2018 day two
On day two (Wednesday), a high-level session at the Sustainability Keynote Theatre will explore how more businesses can be encouraged to join the green industrial revolution, while at the Energy Innovation Theatre, speakers will discuss new approaches to energy management such as battery storage and demand response.
edie Live is also offering up a range of new features this year, several of which fall under the Mission Possible theme, making it a must-attend event to help you achieve a low-carbon, resource efficient and profitable future.
- Mission Possible Workshops will provide visitors with a unique opportunity to collaborate with peers and solve live sustainability challenges.
- The Mission Possible Pledge Wall will encourage visitors to make a new sustainability commitment which will be posted up onto the wall.
- The Mission Possible Innovation Centre will showcase some of the most exciting pre-commercial solutions and ideas that could take corporate sustainability onto the next level
- The EV Showroom will showcase electric vehicles, charging stations, a solar car port and related technologies to accelerate the EV transition
- Advice Clinics will offer up free advice on a range of areas that are material to your business in pre-booked, one-to-one, 20-minute consultations with the experts
- 100+ suppliers and service providers will be exhibiting across the show floors
- Co-location with Utility Week Live. Our sister show willl explore the tech and product solutions transforming the way gas, water and electricity utilities do business. Among that shows features will be a live, 24-hour hackathon featuring teams of hackers and tech experts battling it out to solve a real-world utilities industry problem.