Speaker line-up confirmed for edie's SDG 'Power Hour' webinar
Sustainability experts from BT, the British Retail Consortium (BRC), the UK Stakeholders for Sustainable Development (UKSSD) and DNV GL are all set to feature in a live edie webinar focused on business engagement with the SDGs, taking place on 26 July.
On Thursday 26 July at 2pm (GMT), this next webinar will incorporate real-life case studies, practical advice and expert guidance to reveal what energy and sustainability professionals can do to engage with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Three speakers have now been confirmed to speak in the hour-long webinar, which is being hosted in association with DNV GL.
- Matt Mace, senior reporter, edie (webinar chair).
- Emily Auckland, network director and co-chair, UKSSD. Emily will highlight the role of business in tackling the SDGs, and how they can push the government to examine the benefits and opportunities of the Goals.
- Steven Moore, principle consultant on sustainable business, BT. Steven will explain how BT is engaging with the Global Goals and using them as an overlay to the firm’s impressive sustainability strategy.
- Alice Ellison, environment policy advisor, the BRC. Alice will provide a case study of how the BRC got the retail sector to collaborate to boost corporate alignment to SDGs covering decent work and economic growth, reduced inequalities, sustainable communities, responsible consumption and production and climate action.
- Shaun Walden, principal consultant, DNV GL. Shaun will provide an overview of the business appetite for the Goals, what challenges remain and what services exist to help align strategies.
The UN has laid out 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) encompassing 169 targets, and in this webinar, we will spend one hour exploring how the framework can be used by sustainability and energy professionals to truly transform business, for good.
Some 10,000 companies around the world have now pledged to support the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals in some shape or form, but reports continue to show that a huge proportion of these firms have yet to set any measurable targets to achieve the Goals, nor are they monitoring progress against them.
How can we bridge this gap between ambition and action? What can sustainability and energy professionals do to drive engagement with the SDGs and ensure the framework is leading to tangible actions?
This webinar, brought to you in association with DNV GL, will seek to answer these crucial questions by hearing from a spread of business leaders and sustainable development experts to explore how to make the Global Goals resonate with colleagues – from the boardroom to the ‘shop floor’.
- Delivering a successful SDG engagement strategy: the do’s and don’ts
- How to make the Global Goals local business
- Measuring and reporting progress against the Goals
The webinar will be free to watch live at 2pm on Thursday 26 July and will be available on-demand afterwards.
If you have any questions about how to incorporate the SDGs into a business strategy, please leave a comment below and we will do our best to ask them all during the Q&A section of this webinar.