Sustainability Leaders Awards open for entries ahead of virtual ceremony
edie is proud to announce that the UK's largest and most prestigious sustainable business awards scheme has opened for entries, offering organisations and individuals the opportunity to be recognised and celebrated for leading on sustainability, energy and climate action.
The edie Sustainability Leaders Awards are back, bigger and better than ever for 2021 with a host of new categories, new judges and an exciting virtual ceremony dedicated to accelerating the green recovery and solving the climate emergency.
The official entry deadline is Friday 30 October 2020. The Awards will then take place as a special virtual ceremony on Wednesday 3 February 2021.
edie’s content director Luke Nicholls said: “From the great challenge of this pandemic and the strict social distancing guidelines that remain in place, we’re seizing a unique opportunity to evolve the UK’s largest and most prestigious sustainability awards scheme into a truly global, celebratory experience.
“With a new virtual home, new judges and new categories, we can’t wait to recognise and celebrate the people, projects and pioneering organisations who are together leading the green recovery and transforming business, for good.”
Now in their 14th year, the Awards recognise excellence across the spectrum of green business; from the best efficiency programmes through to product innovations, from stakeholder engagement and social sustainability initiatives to the people on the ground who are making change happen. Once again, the Awards will be running alongside edie’s flagship Sustainability Leaders Forum, which is also taking place virtually in 2021.
Categories & judges
The 2021 Sustainability Leaders Awards are open to organisations of all sizes from across the public and private sectors – from the largest multi-nationals to the smallest micro-organisations. As long as the initiative, project, product or strategy shows commitment, credibility and concrete results, we want to hear about it.
Considering the impact of Covid-19 on the deliverability of some projects and initiatives in 2020, this year’s awards scheme will be welcoming entries which span work carried out over a longer period of time (i.e. not just the past 12 months), whilst our judging criteria is also more flexible when it comes to assessing the immediate results of projects entered.
New awards categories for 2021 include the Net-Zero Carbon Strategy of the Year award – recognising the renewed focus that some businesses are placing on accelerating corporate action to meet the needs of the planet; the Green Recovery Initiative of the Year award – reflecting the emergence of corporate efforts to spur a low-carbon recovery from the coronavirus pandemic; and the Business Leader of the Year award.
Projects and Initiatives
Innovation and Industry Leadership
edie can also now announce our renowned and esteemed panel of judges who will be presiding over this year’s entries. Our 2021 judges are as follows:
- Susanne Baker, Associate Director – Climate, Environment and Sustainability, techUK
- Mike Barry, Director, Mikebarryeco
- Gudrun Cartwright, Environment Director, Business in the Community
- Elaine Cohen, Managing Director, Beyond Business
- Tom Delay CBE, Chief Executive, The Carbon Trust
- Anya Ledwith, Founder, Eshcon
- Anita Longley, Chair, Institute of Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability
- Peter Maddox, Director, WRAP
- Henry Majed, Co-Founder, MyMynd
- Rhian-Mari Thomas OBE, Chief Executive, Green Finance Institute
- Sarah Mukherjee, Chief Executive, IEMA
- Mike Pitts, Interim Challenge Director, Innovate UK
- Trewin Restorick, Chief Executive, Hubbub
- Philip Sellwood, Chief Executive, Energy Saving Trust
- Sally Uren, Chief Executive, Forum for the Future
- Charlotte West, Strategic Account Director, Global Action Plan
Get the recognition that you and your teams deserve for keeping sustainability and energy management going in 2020-21 – ENTER THE 2020 SUSTAINABILITY LEADERS AWARDS HERE.