Sustainable Business Covered podcast: The Great Green GB Week relay
It's episode 50 of the Sustainable Business Covered podcast, and the edie team undergo a week-long podcasting relay, interviewing an array of sustainability experts from the likes of Adnams, BT, Good Energy, PwC and WWF as part of the UK Government's Green GB Week.
The Sustainable Business Covered podcast returns to bring more exclusive interviews and insight from the world of sustainability. The latest episode sees the edie team report from various events that took place as part of Green GB Week, which ran from 15-19 October.
edie's Green GB Week podcast relay: In order
1) Sarah travels to the Natural History Museum to talk science-based targets with BT’s head of sustainable business policy Gabrielle Giner and WWF’s senior advocacy adviser Jaco du Toit.
2) Sarah hands the podcast ‘baton’ over to George for a phone interview with Green Tourism’s managing director Andrea Nicholas, who had just posted a new pledge edie’s Mission Possible Pledge Wall.
3) Luke then attended the Government’s Clean Growth Innovation Summit, securing a third interview of the episode with Good Energy’s founder Juliet Davenport.
4) Luke then handed back to Sarah who had a quick chat with brewer Adnams’ head of finance and sustainability Richard Carter at the Fit for the Future Network Harvest 2018 (an event which was not officially part of GReenGB Week, but happened to be taking place in the same week).
5) Matt then takes the baton, speaking with another Mission Possible Pledger: PwC’s head of corporate sustainability Bridget Jackson, who discussed the company’s new aim to secure 100% renewable electricity.
6) Finally, George heads to an event which was held at BT’s headquarters, where he has an in-depth conversation with the technology giant’s chief digital impact and sustainability officer Andy Wales and chief procurement officer Hari Sundaresen.
Green GB Week may be over, but edie’s Mission Possible Pledge Wall has only just begun. Join the 65 organisations to have made new commitments to sustainability by making a pledge to the Mission Possible Pledge Wall.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes here and bookmark this page to see the full list of podcast episodes as they appear. Have a question about this podcast or a suggestion for future episodes? Email us at email@example.com.
Sustainable Business Covered: Full list of episodes -