Behaviour change: Tesco and RBS to discuss engagement strategies in edie's next webinar
Individuals and organisations looking to drive staff engagement on energy and sustainability are encouraged to tune into a free webinar next month, featuring expert insight from the likes of Tesco, the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and EDF Energy.
Taking place on Tuesday 17 April 2018, 2pm-3pm (BST) and hosted in association with EDF Energy, the interactive webinar will explore how energy and sustainability managers can better engage with employees to increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
It has been reported that UK firms could save as much as £1bn on their energy bills by changing the ‘energy behaviours’ of their employees, rather than relying on technical solutions. But engaging staff to deliver long-term savings can be a lot easier said than done.
Using real-experience case studies, this webinar will explore how energy and sustainability managers can solve the challenge of behaviour change. The one-hour session will provide you with expert tips and proven techniques to help you overcome some of the biggest barriers and most common pitfalls in delivering a successful behaviour change campaign.
- Empowering your people to make a difference, from the boardroom to the shop floor
- The common mistakes that can cause behaviour change programmes to fail
- Telling the right sustainability story, to the right people, at the right time
- Measuring the successes, and failures, of behaviour change initiatives
- Matt Mace, senior reporter, edie (chair)
- Rebecca Douglas, energy manager, Tesco. Rebecca will explain how the retailer's recent ‘Energy Matters’ engagement programme has helped to reduce energy imapcts and increase profits across its Bakery and Hot Counter shopping areas.
- Michael Lynch, engagement lead for workplace sustainability, RBS. Michael will cover the rollout of a sustainability engagement programme across the Bank's UK and Ireland facilities after a successful pilot led to a 5% electricity reduction and 500,000 disposable cups being correctly recycled.
- Vincent de Rul, director of energy solutions, EDF Energy (sponsor). Vincent will explain how EDF Energy has been helping clients drive energy efficiency through a variety of effective engagement and behaviour change programmes.
Incorporating expert sessions and live audience Q&A, the webinar is free to watch live at 2pm on 17 April, and will be available on-demand afterwards.
If you have any questions for the expert speakers about how to maximise the value of your sustainability report, please leave a comment below and we will do our best to ask them all during the Q&A section of the webinar.