Go electric with British Gas Business & save on vehicle running costs whilst also lowering carbon emissions for your business.
Why should your business go electric?
The installation of charging points will benefit your business, employees and customers. Enabling electric cars unlocks many advantages to your business such as:
- Tax efficiencies
- Access to OLEV Workplace charging scheme government grants
- Savings on maintenance and running costs
- Lower carbon footprint and improving your sustainable portfolio
- Appealing to customers and employees
Moving to a more sustainable energy model will help future-proof your business and demonstrate the value you place on the environment, employees and customers by improving efficiency and potentially cutting costs.
Helping to achieve a low carbon future
We recently introduced our 2030 Responsible Business Ambitions . Within this we pledged that we would help enable the transition to a low carbon future and we committed to reducing our own carbon emissions. Workplace charging will be at the very heart of this transition and will allow more businesses and their employees access to a low carbon alternative.
Why choose British Gas for business EV charging installation?
We’ve installed over 3,500 commercial electric vehicle charging points plus over 350 rapid charging units for businesses. Ranging in power from AC 3.6kW up to DC 350kW, our combined scale & experience is unique.
Our customers include offices, car manufacturers, car dealerships, airports, hotels, local authorities and motorway services. Our dedicated project managers coordinate the whole process, including various contractors and keeping in line with CDM regulations.
We constantly research available technology so that we can advise you on the best way to maximise the capacity available on site. From load balancing or renewable energy integration, through to requesting a new connection from the DNO. We will manage the whole journey for you.
Flexible finance options are available for both the charging equipment and installation. Talk to us so that we can understand if your business meets the eligibility criteria. We currently offer 2 years interest-free credit on the cost of your installation.
Giving you a complete end-to-end service
As a business energy supplier and EV installation expert, we are unique in our ability to offer end-to-end project management, from assessing site supply and new connections to final installation. This even includes training and in-life support, giving you peace of mind. Your dedicated project manager will give you a tailored charging solution for your business including:
- Fixed price supply & installation of EV charging equipment
- 3 year warranty on all EV chargers
- DNO (Distribution Network Operator) management for any power upgrades
- New meter installation managed by our connections and metering team
- Energy supply contract
What types of EV charging points are available?
There are currently three types of workplace charging points, depending on the number of electric vehicles you have, and the speed of charging needed.
- Standard (3-7kW) – ideal for businesses with 1 to 2 EVs or vans. Charging takes 4 to 8 hours
- Fast (7-22kW) – ideal for businesses with multiple EVs or vans. Charging takes 2 to 4 hours
- Rapid (up to 50kW) – ideal for businesses with a fleet of EVs or vans. Charging takes 30 to 60 minutes.
OLEV Workplace Charging Scheme funding
We’re an OLEV-authorised WCS installer for the Office for Low Emission Vehicles’ Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS). This is a voucher-based scheme that can support your business with the cost of installing electric vehicle charging stations.
The grant cap is set at £350 (including VAT) per socket. Your business can apply for up to 40 sockets, meaning if you qualify for 40 sockets through the scheme you could save up to £14,000.
If you would like to apply ensure you’re:
- A registered business, charity, public sector or authority
- A business who needs electric vehicle charging equipment or can encourage use amongst staff and/or fleet
- Located in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland
- The owner of business property or have landlord consent for charging points to be installed
- A business with dedicated off-street parking for staff, employees and/or the electric vehicle fleet.
Here to support your complete EV journey
British Gas makes electric vehicle charging easy for all business customers – whatever your requirements. We provide a complete whole life service – from planning – to delivery and in-life operation and aftercare.
Find out how we can help your business make the cost-effective transition to EV and a lower carbon future.
N.B. The information contained in this entry is provided by the above supplier, and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the publisher