Centrica Business Solutions has joined forces with WSP, one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. The relationship will allow the teams to offer their combined expertise to customers, working together to deliver smart energy management and optimisation to businesses spanning the water, commercial buildings, industrial, power and transport sectors.
Centrica Business Solutions has joined forces with WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms.
The relationship will allow the teams to offer their combined expertise to customers, working together to deliver smart energy management and optimisation to businesses spanning the water, commercial buildings, industrial, power and transport sectors. The companies will also co-develop large distributed energy projects for customers looking for a complete end-to-end solution from design and financing through to construction and operation.
Alan Barlow, UK & Ireland Director of Centrica Business Solutions said: “We’ve worked with WSP as a supplier for a long time so it’s great to be taking our relationship a step further. I look forward to working together and to helping more businesses to gain competitive advantage from their energy.”
The new relationship kicks off this month with the installation of 200 of Centrica’s Panoramic Power wireless sensors at WSP’s office in Newcastle. Once installed, the sensors will transmit data in real-time to a cloud-based platform that will deliver insights into how the site is using energy at a device level.
Frazer Mackay, UK Managing Director of Energy and Industry for WSP said: “I am delighted at the prospect of a new relationship between two very strong organisations and to be taking the first step to gaining a better understanding of how we can optimise our own energy use in Newcastle.
“The relationship means that WSP will be able to have expanded capability in energy optimisation, which means that by working together we will be able to improve business outcomes for many of our customers.”
About Centrica Business Solutions
– Centrica plc is an international energy and services company. Everything we do is focused on satisfying the changing needs of our customers.
– Distributed Energy & Power is part of our global division, Centrica Business, and has operations across 4,000 customer sites in 34 countries.
– Under the Centrica Business Solutions banner, we deliver integrated energy solutions, combining distributed energy technologies and a variety of commercial options to help businesses and other large energy users to improve performance and cost management, strengthen resilience, and create opportunities for growth.
– To find out more, go to www.centricabusinesssolutions.com
– WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms.
– They design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
– With 7,800 talented people in the UK and more than 42,000 globally, WSP engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
– WSP has been involved in many high-profile UK projects including the Shard, Crossrail, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Manchester Metrolink and the re-development of London Bridge Station: www.wsp.com/uk
For more information please contact Laura Hawksfield on firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. The information contained in this entry is provided by the above supplier, and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the publisher