ESG ratings...what are they and how do you improve your score? Download our free guide to find out.
How are ESG ratings being used? Should business leaders be worried about their scores? Should investors give credence to ESG ratings?
Because ESG ratings are primarily a product for investors, ratings providers don’t offer much education for the companies being rated. Still, it’s important for business leaders to understand ESG ratings and how they should be integrated into a larger ESG strategy.
Investors will find this guide useful for understanding how ESG ratings are created and their limitations for decision making.
This guide is designed to deliver a pragmatic understanding of the ESG ratings landscape. Inside, you’ll find:
1) A brief history of ESG ratings
2) The difference between ESG ratings, indices, frameworks, rankings, and benchmarks
3) An overview of the 6 largest ESG ratings providers, complete with assessment and scoring methods, coverage, clientele, and key issues for each
4) An overview of 5 smaller ESG ratings providers
5) An analysis of whether ESG ratings actually matter, based on testimony from investors
6) A step-by-step guide to improving your ESG ratings, or the ESG ratings of your portfolio companies
7) Predictions for the future of ESG ratings
N.B. The information contained in this entry is provided by the above supplier, and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the publisher