Siltbuster’s clarification range was born to be mobile
Lamella clarification of wastewater has been with us for more than 100 years - but, historically, lamella clarifiers have been expensive bespoke installations. The Siltbuster range has been specifically designed for mobility.
The company’s transportable units make lamella clarification and dissolved-air floatation (DAF) units much more readily available, easily deployable and reusable. All units are available for sale or hire at short notice.
The company offers a range of standard off-the-shelf designs, providing settlement area of 10m2 to 50m2. Each unit comprises a steel carcass designed for lightness, but the unit is robust enough to cope with regular trips to and from the site.
Siltbuster units can be seated on a firm stone base. To cope with this, the lamella clarifier’s design incorporates a flow-distribution control system, which
allows the unit to continue to operate even when not perfectly level. The systems available can be split into two categories:
- Mobile lamella clarifiers – rely on gravity separation to remove suspended solids and come in a range of sizes
- Transportable lamella DAF units – designed to remove solids, fats, oils and greases from wastewater streams using dissolved-air flotation.
They can be used to:
- Augment existing treatment facilities during periods of abnormal loading
- Provide emergency treatment in the event of equipment failure
- Provide temporary treatment while the facility is taken off line for repair/maintenance
These uses are of particular benefit to small to medium facilities where the provision of duty/standby clarification is an unaffordable luxury.
Stainless steel has traditionally been the client’s material of choice, but in response to rising steel prices, Siltbuster has introduced units in mild steel with epoxy-glass flake interior finish.
Southern Water’s compliance team recently bought 20 units to deliver improvement in final effluent quality at a number of their most overloaded works.