Speaker line-up confirmed for edie’s electric vehicle webinar
Sustainability and energy representatives from UPS, the Cross River Partnership and UK Power Network Services are all set to feature in a live edie webinar focused on greening your business fleet, taking place on 4 July.
On Wednesday 4 July at 2pm (GMT), this next webinar will incorporate real-life case studies, practical advice and expert guidance to reveal what energy and sustainability professionals can do to accelerate the transition to low-carbon vehicles.
Three speakers have now been confirmed to speak in the hour-long webinar, which is being hosted in association with UK Power Networks Services.
- Matt Mace, senior reporter, edie (webinar chair).
- Claire Thompson-Sage, sustainable development co-ordinator, UPS. Claire will explain the development of electric and hybrid light goods vehicles, E-assist cycle solutions, smart grid technologies and alternative fuels that are being trialled by the firm.
- Tanja Dalle-Muenchmeyer, programme manager for electric freight, Cross River Partnership. Tanja will provide insight and updates on the Partnership’s Freight Electric Vehicles in Urban Europe (FREVUE) project that demonstrates how delivery fleets can benefit from the ongoing electrification process.
- Phil Hack, head of markets, UK Power Networks Services. Phil will provide an insight into how electric vehicle infrastructure developments are allowing businesses to make the switch to electric fleets and reduce costs.
Of course, the electric vehicle revolution will not be without its challenges. For one, electric vehicles have been forecast to add almost 18GW of new power demand to the grid – the equivalent of six Hinkley Point C nuclear power stations – posing a huge challenge for network operators. And practically, the limitations of driving ranges and charging times are preventing many businesses from being able to adopt all-electric fleets.
But behind every challenge lies an opportunity. Rapid technological advancements and huge infrastructure investments are paving the way for businesses to drive ahead with fleet electrification programmes quicker than ever before.
Combining expert insight with real-experience case studies, this live edie webinar will explore how you can reap the maximum benefits from the electric vehicle transition. The webinar will incorporate a live audience Q&A and will also be made available on-demand.
Key discussion points:
- Making the electric vehicle transition: key considerations
- Maximising results through improved vehicle workloads and optimised charging systems
- Realising the hidden benefits of fleet electrification
The webinar will be free to watch live at 2pm on Wednesday 4 July, and will be available on-demand afterwards.
If you have any questions about how to incorporate electric vehicles into fleets, please leave a comment below and we will do our best to ask them all during the Q&A section of this webinar.