NQA IATF 16949 Automotive Transition and Implemenatation
In house / Public
Type of course in situ
Course provider NQA Certification and Training
Available dates for this course
Please contact NQA Certification and Training directly for a current list of course dates
ISO/TS 16949:2009 has become one of the most widely used international standards in the automotive industry. IATF 16949:2016 will supersede and replace the current standard. IATF 16949 is not a standalone quality management standard but is designed as a supplement to, and be used in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015.
This course will give you the reasons for the update, the differences between the old and new standard, transition timelines and implementation guidance.
There are specific differences in IATF 16949:2016 compared to ISO/TS 16949:2009 (customer specifics, product safety, embedded software), and you will need to understand the new ISO high level structure, Annex SL and how to use it with ISO 9001:2015.
By attending this two day course you will be able to identify the gaps in your current Automotive QMS and start planning your transition to the revised standard.
- Describe the Key changes resulting from Annex SL, ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016
- Explain the specific new requirements relating to Context, Leadership, Planning and Support Annex SL
- Recognise the changes between ISO/TS 16949:2009 and the new clauses 4 – 10 of IATF 16949:2016
- Apply concepts such as risk based thinking
- Identify the changes in Automotive QMS specific requirements as a result of transitioning from ISO/TS 16949:2009 to IATF 16949:2016
- Employ the new concepts:
- Integration of CSR's
- Product Safety
- Embedded Software
- Auditor Competency
- Manufacturing Feasibility
- Transition Planning & Gap Analysis
Who should attend
- Anyone involved in planning, implementing or supervising an IATF 16949:2016 transition, as well as internal auditors who need to understand the changes resulting from the transition to IATF 16949:2016. Note, this course is designed for those who are involved in transition and is not a full IATF 16949:2016 Introduction course.
- Anyone already familiar with ISO/TS 16949:2009 and wants to find out about IATF 16949:2016.
Get in touch
To discuss your training requirements call now on 0800 052 2424 or email us via our contact form choosing 'training' as your enquiry type.
Warwick House Houghton Hall Park
Telephone: 0800 052 2424