Single-use Plastics: The Business Leadership Inspiration Sessions (16 January 2020)
The Business Leadership Inspiration Sessions: an afternoon of three live, interactive webinar presentations and discussions – all dedicated to helping businesses collaborate, innovate and actuate to eliminate single-use plastics, is available to watch on-demand.
As we embark upon a new decade, what’s changed in the world of single-use plastics? What political, organisational and infrastructural challenges remain? What does business best-practice on plastics now look like? And what is the role of engagement and behaviour change in achieving an economy free of single-use plastics?
This exclusive online event, sponsored by Nestlé, PHS Group and Reconomy, is being hosted by the edie editorial team on the afternoon of Thursday 16 January 2020. Registrants will gain access to three live and interactive webinar sessions: a Q&A debate (1pm–1.45pm); a selection of best-practice case studies (2pm–3pm); and a 45-minute masterclass (3.15pm–4pm).
Registrants can choose to tune into one, two or all three webinar sessions on the day – and the full collection of sessions. It is available to watch on-demand.
Full details of the three webinar sessions are as follows:
1) Q&A debate: Plastics Policy, Recycling and the Role of Business
Kicking off our Inspiration Sessions, a selection of industry leaders and circular economy experts discuss what needs to happen next – at a political and infrastructural level – to accelerate the UK’s transition to an economy free of single-use-plastic.
- Matt Mace, Content Editor, edie (chair)
- Fiona Ball, Group Head of Inspirational Business & Sky Ocean Rescue, Sky
- Anna Turrell, Head of Sustainability, Nestlé UK & Ireland
- Adam Hall, Head of Sustainability, Internet Fusion / Surfdome
- Plastic waste legislation: Bridging the gaps
- Increasing collaboration across the entire value chain
- Recycling infrastructure: Overcoming key challenges
2) The Plastic-Free Power Hour: Best-Practice Business Case Studies
The second of our Inspiration Sessions offers up a series of quick-fire case studies, hearing from some of the businesses that are leading the fight against single-use plastics in their operations and across the supply chain.
- James Evison, Insight Editor, edie (chair)
- Rebecca Cranshaw, Sustainability Manager, Eurostar
- Marielle Pantin, sustainability manager and Andy Haigh, senior sustainability manager, Canary Wharf Group
- Brett Fleming-Jones, head of marketing, phs Group
- Innovation and collaboration: From buzzwords to reality
- Closing the loop in your supply chain
- Avoiding ‘unintended consequences’ of plastic bans
It is arguably the most important piece of the plastics puzzle for sustainability and environment managers: driving engagement and changing behaviours to minimise waste and scale-up alternatives. edie’s third and final Inspiration Session will show you how to do just that.
- Sarah George, Senior Reporter, edie (chair)
- Rose Tehan, Research and Innovation Development Manager, Keep Britain Tidy
- Nathan Gray, Head of sustainability, Reconomy
- Using the ‘Blue Planet 2 Effect’ to permanently change behaviours
- From gamification to choice-editing: Tips and techniques to minimise plastic use among employees
- Engaging consumers and the supply chain on your single-use plastics journey
edie's Mission Possible Plastics Week 2020
The Business Leadership Inspiration Sessions are being held during edie's Mission Possible Plastics Week 2020 – a themed week of content and online events dedicated to supporting sustainability and resource efficiency professionals on our collective mission to eliminate single-use plastics.
Sponsored by Nestlé, the week will include exclusive interviews, blogs, insight reports and podcasts. In addition to this inspiring content, edie is encouraging sustainability professionals to submit new commitments to tackle plastic pollution on the dedicated Mission Possible Pledge Wall.