Get connected with our business infrastructure services
Building or altering a property? Here's how you can get your electricity supply connected.
Whether you need to change a connection, set up a new connection, get a temporary electrical supply for a construction site or a new build electrical supply – we can help. The earlier you get in touch with us, the more we're able to do to cut down your electricity costs.
- We can design a connection that suits your site and costs 20–30% less, on average, than your local network company’s solution.
- We can also help you to get a better rate, reducing your electricity bills in the long-term by forecasting your site’s electricity use.
Ready to get connected?
If you want to set up a new connection to your property, we're happy to help. Please read this important information before completing the new connection form.
Once you've done that, and you have your Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN) and details of the size and type of supply you need, then you’re ready to fill out the new connection request form. Alternatively, if you'd prefer to speak to us in person about your new connection, please call 0845 366 3666 (1)
Managing connections for your business
We’re here to help you get connected on time and without hassle. There are different ways you can work with us on managing your connections:
- You can work directly with us to get connected as part of our managed connection services.
- Alternatively, you can manage the connection of your electricty supply yourself.
Changing a connection at an existing building
You might need to change your building’s electricity supply connection and meter If you are refurbishing a commercial property or installing new equipment.
There are three steps to the process:
- Cables and MPAN: If you need to change the cabling, contact your local Distribution Network Operator. They will give you a new Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN) that we can use to register your new meter. How to find your Meter Point Administration Number.
- Meter installation: We can then arrange an installation date. We need at least 20 working days notice and the process involves a credit check. (Within the London distribution area (MPAN begins 12), you’ll need to install a current transformer (CT) cabinet for any CT supply.)
- Electricity supply contract: We’ll offer you a new electricity supply contract. This might require a security deposit. If you haven’t signed a contract before we issue your first invoice, we will calculate your charges based on our deemed prices.
Connecting a site under construction
If you’ve started building a commercial property and need electricity quickly, we can connect you quickly and smoothly to a temporary or permanent supply.
- We help you through do all the form-filling, so your schedule isn’t impacted.
- We check the electricity meter is the right type for your site.
- We make sure everyone involved in the process has the right information.
- We finish off the job with a competitive meter operator contract for you.
We provide this service across Britain for major construction companies such as Sir Robert McAlpine and BAM. And, of course, we can give you a great rate on your electricity contract. Call us on 0845 300 6962 (1) and get the job done.
Connecting major projects over multiple sites
If your project is super scale – with a large footprint, multiple buildings, mixed use and delivered in phases – we have a specialist team that can simplify the delivery of your complex connection requirements.
Look at our track record. Over the last 15 years, we’ve helped developers build shopping centres, business parks, regeneration programmes and major infrastructure projects. For example: High Speed 1, DP World’s Thames Port, Canary Wharf, and London 2012’s Olympic Park and other venues.
We’re currently working on redevelopment projects such as Nine Elms and Battersea; and infrastructure projects such as Crossrail and High Speed 2.
A disconnection is typically required when you need to remove redundant cables from your premises or the building is going to be demolished.
If you need us to disconnect the electricity supply to your premises please complete the termination of supply form. This helps us to:
- Review and carry out your request swiftly.
- Make sure we have all the right information from the outset.
Please note that disconnection is a chargeable service. It is also permanent. If the supply needs to be reconnected later, we’ll treat it as a new connection which may also be charged.
If you'd like to talk to our team about disconnecting your commercial electricity supply, or for more information please call 0845 366 3666 (2). You can also get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.