30 Under 30: Shaping the future of sustainable business
Returning for 2023, edie’s 30 Under 30 is a purpose-led community of bold, innovative young professionals who are changing the course of climate action.
Nominations for the 30 Under 30 Class of 2023 have closed and the list has been announced! View our winners here.
More than just a list, the annual 30 Under 30 initiative shines a spotlight on talented sustainability and net-zero professionals – aged under 30 – who are delivering on efforts to build a better future and showing fantastic promise.
Open to self-nominations and recommendations, 30 rising sustainability stars are selected by a panel of independent judges and offered an unrivalled opportunity to connect with one another, gain valuable industry recognition and develop their skills and knowledge.
The chosen 30 Under 30 members get to attend an exclusive launch party and photoshoot in London; take part in an editorial profile interview for the edie website; and be offered bespoke networking and event opportunities throughout the year. The group will also be offered opportunities to use their collective expertise and influence to make a real impact; contributing to edie content, connecting up with members of the edie Leaders Club, and co-creating their own new ideas to disrupt the status quo and accelerate corporate climate action.
The edie 30 Under 30 cohort is updated annually, welcoming a fresh intake of youthful climate visionaries every year.
To join the edie 30 Under 30, individuals must be nominated or recommended – either by themselves or by colleagues. The nomination form is free to fill out and submit. All nominees must meet the following criteria:
- A sustainability/energy/CSR/environmental professional
- Aged 29 or younger as of 31 December 2023
- Based in the UK and working in a full-time role
- Ideally working in an ‘in-house’ capacity within a business (as opposed to external consultants and product/service providers)
- Able to attend the launch night and photoshoot in London on Thursday 12th October
If you have submitted a 30 Under 30 application in previous years but were unsuccessful, you are welcome to re-submit a nomination again next year (provided the person being nominated still mets the above criteria).
NOMINATIONS CLOSED ON FRIDAY 11 AUGUST 2023. NOMINATIONS FOR THE ‘CLASS OF 2024’ WILL OPEN IN JUNE 2024.
- Attend an exclusive launch party and professional photoshoot in central London (Oct 2023)
- Full career profile published on edie.net
- Access to free, informal networking events throughout the year
- Attend an exclusive workshop-style event held as part of edie’s Business Leadership Month (March 2024)
- Mentoring/reverse mentoring opportunities with members of the edie Leaders Club
- Exclusive access to the ‘Class of 2023’ social networking app
If you have any questions about the 30 Under 30 initiative, please contact us.
Action inspires action. Stay ahead of the curve with sustainability and energy newsletters from edieSubscribe