edie's 30 Under 30: The next generation of sustainability leaders
edie's 30 Under 30 is a dynamic community of young, talented sustainability and energy professionals – aged under 30 – who have already achieved great things or are showing fantastic promise.
More than just a list, the 30 Under 30 club provides these rising sustainability stars with an unrivalled opportunity to connect with one another, share ideas, gain valuable recognition and develop their careers throughout the year.
edie’s 30 Under 30 initiative launched in 2019 and proved to be a real success, with the Class of 2019 benefitting from individual profiles and professional headshots; a series of networking events and a full-day co-creative workshop.
The hugely popular initiative is returning for 2020 and we are now welcoming free nominations from and on behalf of talented sustainability and energy professionals – aged under 30 and based in the UK – to form our all-new Class of 2020.
Nomination deadline: Friday 31 January 2020
The nomination form is free to fill out and it can be submitted either by the nominee or by a colleague on the nominee’s behalf. The form simply asks entrants to state, in under 250 words, why the nominee should be included in the 30 Under 30 cohort for 2020.
Nominations will be reviewed by our panel of independent judges – including senior representatives from the Institute of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (ICRS) and Global Action Plan – in early February 2020. All nominees will be notified as to whether they are successful or not by the end of February, with constructive feedback given on all applications.
All nominees must be:
- A sustainability/energy/CSR/environmental professional
- Aged under 30 as of 31 December 2019
- Based in the UK and working in a full-time role
- Ideally working in an ‘in-house’ capacity within a business (as opposed to external environmental consultants and product/service providers)
- Able to attend the Class of 2020 launch event and photoshoot in central London on the evening of Thursday 26 March 2020.
If you submitted an application last year but were unsuccessful, you are welcome to re-submit a nomination again this year (provided the person being nominated is still aged under 30).
- An exclusive launch party and professional photoshoot being held in central London on 26 March 2020
- A full career profile to be published online later in the year
- A series of free, informal networking events and drinks receptions arranged throughout the year
- A more formal, workshop-style event held at the end of 2020
- Exclusive access to at least one of the events that are held for edie’s Sustainability Leaders Club and Energy Leaders Club over the following 12 months – allowing the Class of 2020 to meet and network with existing business leaders
- Exclusive access to the Class of 2020 LinkedIn Group, allowing members to continue the conversation and share ideas online
So, if you are an aspiring sustainability, energy or environmental professional who is aged under 30 and is driving positive environmental change within your organisation and/or across the low-carbon economy, apply to be part of the 30 Under 30 Club today.
If you have a question about the edie 30 Under 30 initiative for 2020, please contact us