V2G - Vechicle to Grid -
Enabling two way flow of power from and additional asset value.
EVs will offer opportunities for new energy solutions such as vehicle-to-grid (V2G), vehicle-to-business (V2B) and vehicle-to home (V2H); offering both business and domestic customers the opportunity to utilise their EVs to power their home/site and reduce their costs by selling electricity back to the grid.
What is V2G?
V2G chargers allow a two-way flow of electricity, between the car and the charger and the electricity grid. This enables cars to send energy back onto the charger via a building (V2B) or a home (V2H), and subsequently return it back to the grid, opening up the possibility for EVs to become portable energy storage.
How to make it work?
• Specific vehicles are required (Nissan Leaf and eNV200, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV are compatible today)
• Chargers require a bidirectional capability
Why choose V2G?
Over a five year timeframe the total cost of owning a Nissan eNV200 fleet vehicle benefiting from EDF Energy V2G offering proves cheaper than using uni-directional charger and much cheaper than its Diesel counterparts.
For fleet managers:
• EDF will manage install solutions
• Real time charge monitoring, dashboards with iOS and Android apps
• Trip scheduling
• Fleet total cost of ownership reduced
• Fleet management and 24/7 service, guaranteed battery levels
Predictability and visibility of costs:
• Fixed monthly subscription of 20£/month
• Smart tarrif for your driving needs
• Monthly reporting of performances
• V2G revenues for discharging in peaks
A greener e-mobility:
• Help integrate more renewables in the power network.
• Synergy with building consumption, local generation.