There has never been more awareness of the climate change emergency but we must ensure that it’s not all talk and that substantial and immediate action is taken to make real change and deliver results. It’s time for ACTION! We only have one chance to get this right, make sure your next steps count.
In this free webinar eminent academics, along with JRP’s own Net Zero specialists, will be tackling some of the barriers to action and offering practical advice on how to effect real change.
No organisation can afford to be complacent about Climate Change. It’s time for ACTION. Register here.
1.Key note address
The keynote address will be delivered by Professor James Longhurst, Professor of Environmental Science and Assistant Vice Chancellor for Environment and Sustainability at UWE, Bristol.
2.The UK is responsible for only 1% of global carbon emissions so why does what we do count? What is the UK’s role in global emissions, why do we need to address this as a global issue and how should we be working in partnership with supply chains to reduce emissions in anticipation of increasing legislation and more onerous carbon levies? George Richards, Director, JRP Solutions.
3.The Government’s Net Zero strategy focuses on technological improvements, so why does what we do count? To achieve Net Zero, the culture and behaviours of an organisation need to change to ensure that engagement, awareness and commitment is fully enabled, embedded and sustained. We know, for example that at least 50% of the available energy improvements potential within an organisation is related to the culture, structure and the processes of that organisation.
- What does implementing a behaviour change programme really mean? Jes Rutter, Managing Director, JRP Solutions.
- How can you engage the board and key stakeholders? Carol Somper, Sustainability Director, JRP Solutions.
- What did we learn about behaviour from lockdown? George Richards, Director, JRP Solutions.
4.We only have one chance to get this right, so how can you make your steps to Net Zero count?
- Some practical advice on the most effective steps to Net Zero. Carol Somper, Sustainability Director, JRP Solutions.
- Case study: Climate and Ecological Crisis Action Plan. Michael Diamond, Energy Officer, Bournemouth University.
- Some actions that counted: Quick facts and figures about some achievements. George Richards, Director, JRP Solutions.
- Being fully compliant with all carbon and emissions legislation is essential. What will the recommendations of the Task Force for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) mean to your organisation. Connie Heathfield, Sustainability Consultant, JRP Solutions.
5. What next? George Richards, Director, JRP Solutions.
N.B. The information contained in this entry is provided by the above supplier, and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the publisher