“I would like to thank you for an exceptional ESG report providing plenty of scope for improvement within our business and much food for thought for myself as I formulate our sustainability roadmap process. We will digest the content of your report and the recommended actions ready to implement them next year.” Environmental & Compliance Manager, Janus International Europe Ltd
Janus International Europe Ltd selected Beyondly’s consultancy to conduct an Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) roadmap project, encompassing a company sustainability assessment and identification of areas to improve on as part of a responsible business approach. Beyondly’s in-house sustainability specialists conducted an assessment across relevant ESG factors, ultimately developing a sustainability road map for Janus.
Janus International Europe Ltd is a global supplier and manufacturer of self-storage products and solutions with over 30 years’ experience, including the design, production and installation of storage solutions such as doors, lockers and locks.
The company is committed to protecting our planet and is conscious about being proactive with making organisational sustainability improvements, so building a socially and environmentally responsible business fit for the future was a paramount step along this path.
As a current Beyondly packaging compliance scheme member, Janus were confident in the knowledge that Beyondly would successfully enable them to develop a cohesive ESG report to benefit their business and the planet.
To produce a meaningful, effective and impactful ESG report for Janus, Beyondly carried out the following actions:
- Employee survey to gather view on ethics, diversity, employee development, wellbeing, and environmental issues
- Conducted 3 interviews with key staff from different areas of the business focusing on each of the environmental, social, and governance areas
- Delivered a presentation providing an update on the latest political and legal environment and the direction of travel for environmental legislation and reporting
- Conducted an onsite workshop with 13 staff members to discuss strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. The workshop generated many discussion topics and ideas, and helped to identify the key priorities for Janus Calculation of a one-year organisational carbon footprint baseline including scope 1, scope 2, and selected scope 3 emissions
- Conducted two onsite carbon and energy audits to identify opportunities for energy efficiency improvements and carbon emissions reductions
The outcomes of the aforementioned key deliverables fed into the provision of a report summarising Beyondly’s understanding of Janus’ current position, aims, and goals, in relation to each of the environmental, social and governance factors. Recommendations were provided for areas where Janus could improve, and sorted by short/medium/long-term timescales, which can be used to form the basis of the sustainability roadmap Janus requested. To support this, case studies from leaders on the sustainability agenda were also included.
Finally, Beyondly delivered a presentation to the senior leadership team at Janus summarising the findings of the report and answered any questions they had regarding recommendations, positioning them in the best place to carry these forward and make positive organisational change.
Following the benefits Janus gained from the ESG project, they chose to work with Beyondly’s sustainable packaging team to plan for further packaging obligations, in the form of a plastic packaging tax and Extended Producer Responsibility impact assessment.
Janus have responsibilities under both areas of upcoming legislation and understand how vital it is to prepare. Beyondly’s impact assessment service encompasses provision of recommendations to close data gaps, capture data and setup data recording and reporting templates, as well as identification of training needs towards mitigating the impacts of the Plastic Packaging Tax and EPR; focusing on component construction and materials, and recycled content.
N.B. The information contained in this entry is provided by the above supplier, and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the publisher